Author Topic: new member  (Read 2544 times)

Offline chief

« on: November 18, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
New member here to the form ,i just pick a used R9 and was just wondering should i just change the recoil spring or wait to see how it fires, also how does hydra shoks feed thru the r9 thanks.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 09:55:02 AM »
Greetings and welcome, IMO start fresh with a new spring and feed it 115gr or 124gr Gold Dots. The Hydra Shocks may or may not do well!
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »
+1

Without knowing the history of your R9, I think starting fresh has its advantages.

And welcome aboard.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline chief

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
thank you ,did it last nite ,oh was that fun, waitin on tool. i ordered today ,hopefully it makes the spring part easier. thank you for the advice.

Offline Slick

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 07:04:32 PM »
New spring for sure.  I have shot Hornady XTP, Speer GD in both 115gr and 124gr with no problems, and as far as Federal Hydra Shoks, I've gone through 2 boxes of the 135gr Low Recoil all with no problems.  WWB is great for the range.  I did have 2 light primer strikes when new using some cheap Magtech ammo, but won't use it again.

Get spare springs.  You can see the difference after 200+rds in the length of old and new.