Author Topic: WTB Rohrbaugh box and manuals  (Read 7814 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: WTB Rohrbaugh box and manuals
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
Did you receive the warranty card yet?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 02:16:04 PM »
I got the Flambeau case on EBay. It's an exact match for the factory case.  The acetone removed the painted on logo, but I don't know how to get rid of the shiny imprint where the logo was.  You can still see a "Flambeau" imprint on the plastic.  If it's thermal damage from hot paint, it might just be melted in forever. 

Still looking for a factory box.

i also have one, actually in my car. I got the majority of the paint off but not all. The plan is to take to a Tattoo shop, have them prime the imprint area, and paint the Rohrbaugh logo from the owners manual.

Worth a try ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
I don't see the point of this replica stuff like warranty cards and cases that are not original.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 03:15:52 PM »
I don't see the point of this replica stuff like warranty cards and cases that are not original.

I agree. 

I guess I started this as I bought a Farmingdale R2XX without a box.  I switched the box from the gun I used to carry so it now had a box.

I took the paint off the Flambeau box as it looked crappy.  No intentions of  trying to pass it off as original.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »

I agree. 

I guess I started this as I bought a Farmingdale R2XX without a box.  I switched the box from the gun I used to carry so it now had a box.

I took the paint off the Flambeau box as it looked crappy.  No intentions of  trying to pass it off as original.

The gun I want to put in the box is currently in the Fedex box it came in.  It just doesn't look that great in the safe.  I have no intention of passing it off as a Rohrbaugh original.  I like that it's OEM, but I didn't like the white Flambeau logo.  Now that the white is gone, the plastic texture under where the logo was is shiny, so you can still see the logo.  I'm not doing repro cards or repainting the box.  I just wanted to replace the FedEx box.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 07:17:17 PM »

I agree. 

The gun I want to put in the box is currently in the Fedex box it came in.  It just doesn't look that great in the safe.  I have no intention of passing it off as a Rohrbaugh original.  I like that it's OEM, but I didn't like the white Flambeau logo.  Now that the white is gone, the plastic texture under where the logo was is shiny, so you can still see the logo.  I'm not doing repro cards or repainting the box.  I just wanted to replace the FedEx box.

The Rohrbaugh logo id MOLDED INTO THE CASE. You CANT FOOL ANYONE, it just gives a cleaner look to a homeless gun. The cry babies will find ANYTHING to cry over.  Ignore them., most on here do.   
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one