Author Topic: First range trial  (Read 2862 times)

Offline sm8770

First range trial
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:20:20 PM »
A quick thanks, first of all, to all on the forum--I never would have taken the chance on purchasing such a unique and hi-end pistol without the support and enthusiasm shared on this forum.  Also, keep in mind that I am mostly new at this, with just a few prior trips to the range with either a Springfield xd or a S&W revolver.

So I had the pleasure of picking up my new R9 from my LGS earlier today, and brought along some family members who were somewhat pressed for time. Fortunately, the range pro was there and comp'd me 10 quick minutes on proper grip--I look forward to a full lesson next week--and off I went to shoot.

So my first range report comes back perfect!  5 very exciting pulls of the trigger with WWB 115g, all downrange and all on target.  The build quality and trigger pull are fantastic, the size and feel in the hand are amazing. I'll look forward to adding my recently received grip extension and disassembling the R9 with the take down tool, first thing tomorrow.  

And next week I will be alone, without time constraint, and will look forward to shooting a bit more. ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: First range trial
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:47:44 PM »
sm.  Congrats on getting your R9 and on the perfect range report.  The R9 is one fine pistol, for sure!  Thanks for the update!   :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
Re: First range trial
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:19:51 PM »
Congrats on your new R9, you're going to love it!