Author Topic: EEZOX?  (Read 15565 times)

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
Re: EEZOX?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
I use Eezox on my pistols. I carry the Seecamp a lot, so I do take it out of the pocket holster every once in a while and just wipe it down with Eezox, and then every once in a while I take just the slide off and clean those parts, and then once in a while I take the pistol completely apart and clean and lubricate t.

Today I took the slide off the R9, wiped everything down with Eezox as I have been carrying the R9 a little more lately.
Still had two Seecamps with me today and the R9.
Testing two Seecamp holsters and comparing that is why, and I wanted the R9 with me too.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »
Been using the Eezox regularly since my first post....I really like the way it takes the residue out of the barrel and off the innards with just a few passes.  Will now use on all my pistols, but will likely continue to use the Wilson lube on my various 1911's on the rails.  I'm keeping the Hoppe's #9 in the gunroom to use as an airwick 'cause I still just love that smell...reminds me of too many good times over the years.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »
Been using the Eezox regularly since my first post....I really like the way it takes the residue out of the barrel and off the innards with just a few passes.  Will now use on all my pistols, but will likely continue to use the Wilson lube on my various 1911's on the rails.  I'm keeping the Hoppe's #9 in the gunroom to use as an airwick 'cause I still just love that smell...reminds me of too many good times over the years.

I put just a small amount of Wilson white grease on any spot that is showing friction wear on all my guns and tools..... ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »
Jack

I use the Wilson oil.
I had a bad experience with gun grease a long time ago and have never used it since (it was not the Wilson grease)

I have Ezox but have not used much of it.

Do you use the grease and Ezox together?

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Jack

I use the Wilson oil.
I had a bad experience with gun grease a long time ago and have never used it since (it was not the Wilson grease)

I have Ezox but have not used much of it.

Do you use the grease and Ezox together?
Yes I use them together...The white grease comes in a needle like syringe.....I apply a VERY small amount ONLY to areas where I see signs of wear... ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
I was not sure if it would cause any gumming issues?

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 03:54:56 PM »
I was not sure if it would cause any gumming issues?

never has for many years of use.......again I apply only a very small amount...I just called Wilson Combat and they don't make the white grease any more.. :'(.....they replaced it with...
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Ultima-Lube-II-Grease-4-oz-Bottle/productinfo/579-4/

If you are using your gun in extreme cold  (10 degrees)they said to use Break Free CLP as your lube
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:00:12 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »

never has for many years of use.......again I apply only a very small amount...I just called Wilson Combat and they don't make the white grease any more.. :'(.....they replaced it with...
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Ultima-Lube-II-Grease-4-oz-Bottle/productinfo/579-4/
[/quote]

I use the above lube...Haven't used it on the micro-pistols...just the Eezox alone.  Use the lube on the rails of the 1911's and H&K.  Eezox'ed an S&W 642 last week and liked the result.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline PeterGunn

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
I've been using the EezOx for about a year or two. Ever since I purchased a Kimber and the store clerk advised me that EezOx was the best stuff available.

So far, no complaints with it.
My mind is like a steel trap ... Rusty, and illegal in 37 states.