Author Topic: The R9 Thas was almost, kind of sort a....  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
The R9 Thas was almost, kind of sort a....
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
Here are some coments about a pocket rocket that was made/imported fom 1989-1990.

".... worked perfectly, but the recoil could be described as "substantial".
This may have contributed to its lack of acceptance in the market of the time, along with the retail price of around $350.   And back then those were real dollars"

Sound familar?

to continue.. "another factor was takedown for cleaning.  It was not difficult, but decidiedly weird, and might strain the capabilites of the average shooter."

When you looked at the break down it looks basically identical to the R9 as far as breakdown goes.   It even has dual captivated springs.

The pistol looks like a glock slide on a polymer gripped Raven frame with square trigger gaurd and is striker fired with a frame mounted safety.

The write up is on p.69 in this mo. AMERICAN HANDGUNNER (sept/oct 2010) and the gun is called the Sardius SD9.

I know that even though that compared to our sexy looking pup, I would have jumped to buy this had I seen one 20 years ago.

Just thought it funny how the "negative" features are similar to the pup's and it sure doesn't seem ot hurt it one bit.

Don't leave home without it. 8)

p.s.  There was no locking system, so maybe someone smarter than me can confirm, that this means it was a direct blow back system.

If so it may have recoiled a little more than the pup even though the  slide was probably heavier.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:21:30 AM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: The R9 Thas was almost, kind of sort a....
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »
Reinz.  This was an interesting pistol.  There have been two on GunsAmerica for sale, since closed, one for $275. and one for $299; the latter was NIB.  

The AMERICAN HANGUNNER may have given this info, however, as it was manfactured in Israel by Sardius Industries and imported by Arms Corp. under the trademark of Sirkis and Sardius; and from the drawing board of firearms designer Nehemiah Sirkis.  

I probably would, have had to have one of these, too, had I known of such a pistol.    :D  

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln