Author Topic: H&K P7  (Read 13893 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: H&K P7
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
Congrats, Gene, on the P7 purchase.  Another cool chapter begins.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54:58 PM »
Gene,
I don't know anything about your Augusta but Bachman Pawn Shop I know well. They have the best retail prices on guns I have found. Shaun Nelms, their owner, isn't always user friendly but his employees are superb. Tom Watson knows them quite well. I have had good experiences with them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:00:33 PM by tracker »

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »
    Thanks again, Tracker. Since Tom lives in Dallas, I thought he might give me some info about Bachman Pawn. I was going to give him a call tomorrow morning. Now I won't have to. I really wanted one of those "B" grades from Top Gun, but I snoozed and guess what? It looks as though the gun has plastic grips, so I know that I want wood grips for sure. I accessed Nill's website after I ordered the gun, but he has about a million different grips to choose from so I thought I would wait and check with you and P7 Enigma before I bought anything. Fun times a'comin.     Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 10:22:01 PM »

Bachman Pawn is a misnomer. They are a very large retail gun dealer with a location on Northwest Highway in Dallas. I have bought several guns from them. They are a major force at Texas gun shows.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
         I got a call this afternoon from a nice lady at Bachman Pawn. She said that my FFL dealer hadn't faxed the paperwork to them so they couldn't ship my gun 'til they got it. I called the dealer and he was very apologetic. He said they got so busy that it "just slipped their minds" But he did assure me that they had meant to do it. I remember my mother (who was from mississippi) when I gave her that excuse, would tell me that aimin' to don't pick no cotton. Aw well, the gun has shipped and will get here tuesday. I guess I can wait that long :'(        Gene
birdman

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 12:38:03 AM »
Birdman - congrats on your P7 purchase, you will absolutely love it!

While I have not bought anything from Bachman Pawn in a few years, I have purchased quite a few weapons over the years from them.  Acutually, all of them from Shaun, and he worked well with me, especially with one of my P7's.

It was my first P7 and I was much younger and dumber.  Little did I know it at the time, but I ran some Israllie machine gun ammo through it and totally frooze the striker to the rear.
Shaun pulled out the striker assembly from a new gun and replaced it , no questions asked.
Now that's service, especially since I was in the wrong.

This was early 90's, and I was told that parts were very difficult to get from HK.  So I was quite happy.

Good for you Birdman,

Good Shooting
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »
Aw well, the gun has shipped and will get here tuesday. I guess I can wait that long :'(        Gene

Tuesday's not that long, Gene; look, already Sunday!    ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:25 PM »
Dino,

I found that Richard's beveled butt plate is an earlier version from your and my rounded one; no pun intended.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:48:25 AM by tracker »

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 07:11:05 AM »
Thanks Tracker, I'm proud of my round butt.  I wounder if Richard wants to trade his cut off butt for a nice round one?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »

Knowing how attached he is to his P7 I think he may be more willing to switch butts than butt plates.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »
You just may have a point, there!    ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
.Re: H&K P7
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 08:12:13 PM »
Here I go out of town on a case and come back to find that my "heeler" has become a topic of conversation.

I still have plans for its improvement.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"