Author Topic: It has been over a year  (Read 5073 times)

Offline steveb99

It has been over a year
« on: May 31, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Just an update to my January 2013 post.  Well, it has been over a year since I bought my 380, and it has changed the way I carry!  When I first started to carry about 12 years ago I was carrying a Glock 19 OWB.  Over time I went to a SIG P228, H&K USP Compact, and several other 9mm, 40 and 45 caliber pistols.  I used to carry when I went out at night and when I was traveling in the desert or in the mountains.  Since I bought my 380, in January 2013, I now carry everywhere except work and where it is prohibited.  I have tried about 5 different pocket holsters and decided to carry it in a little "Sticky Holster" pocket holster.  I just slip it in my pocket before I leave the house.  I especially like it in the warm weather because it literally disappears into my pocket.  My other pistols are frequently used at the range, but the only time I carry any of them any more is if I am open carrying in the desert while hiking, or if I can easily conceal them with a coat or jacket.  I now carry so much more than I ever carried before because it is so convenient!

I have never had any problems with the 380, but I stick to Gold Dots and Hornady ammo even for practice.

I have purchased a few other small pistols too, a Colt Mustang and a Kimber Solo.  They were both good guns, but I still have the Rohrbaugh.

As always this forum a great place and I can only wish Rohrbaugh and every one on the forum all the best!

Thank you for all the great information everyone shares!

Steve
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:36:19 PM by steveb99 »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: It has been over a year
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
The most important feature of a CCW is to have one you will actually carry.  I went through the same experience and now carry my R9 or, occasionally, a Seecamp .32 always (where legal), and sometimes in winter or when clothing permits, a compact .45 or a Boberg XR9S.  Question:  have you had any problem with hard primers from in your Hornady ammo?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline steveb99

Re: It has been over a year
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
I have not had any problems with the Hornady ammo, but I have only fired about 80 rounds of it.  I have fired more of the Speer Gold Dot because it is easier for me to find it. The Hornady Custom is hard for me to find, although I do see the Critical Defense more often now.  When I can get it I am using the Hornady Custom 90 gr XTP.