Author Topic: Range trip yesterday with the R9 and two others  (Read 4522 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Range trip yesterday with the R9 and two others
« on: October 14, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
We finally had a few hours of sunny weather sandwiched into 5 (6 now) days of rain and I made it to the range with the R9 Covert, LWS .32 and Solo STS.

R9:  13 rounds of Federal HST 124, no problems.  The other 7 kept for carry.

Solo:  This was a parking lot purchase as a gun show last late summer...missing a grip screw due to stripped screw hole left upper (will need to replace the insert).  The first time I fired it I used 124 Gold Dots and had two failures to feed properly.  I cleaned it thoroughly after shooting.  This time out it spit out 50 Gold Dot 124 and 20 Federal HST 124 without a hiccup.  I'll clean it up and eventually send it to Kimber to fix the screw issue when time permits.

Seecamp .32:  I've been carrying this off and on for 6 months since I last shot it, unloaded my carry ammo and put in range ammo.  To my consternation, it jammed after the first round with the next live cartridge locked halfway into the chamber, but held by the ejector caught on the rim such that I could not get it to feed nor could I pull the slide all the way back to eject it; finally held the slide as far back as possible, pulled the ejector laterally to get it off the rim of the cartridge and managed to then get the slide back all the way (wish I had 3 hands!).  Reloaded and had no problems.  I was using PMC JHP which had been flawless in another range trip (used for range work only however)...I had not measured the length of this batch and that may have been the issue as the cartridges need to be .91 or less in OAL.  Anyway, it is off the carry list until I can go back to the range with my usual carry ammo properly measured for length (Gold Dot or early production Silvertips, of which I have a supply).
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Range trip yesterday with the R9 and two others
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:04:39 AM »
That sounds like my solo now. It just keeps ripping off in larger gun fashion.

One day I look forward to posting a R9 range report like this.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »
Things are looking up for R9 parts, but no real expectation yet for warranty work?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »

Maybe I misread the post but I inferred from it that the William's Sight Co. Service Department performs warranty service repair work and may be a possible candidate to do the Rohrbaugh work. Otherwise, it wouldn't follow that they would only be a parts supplier.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »

Maybe I misread the post but I inferred from it that the William's Sight Co. Service Department performs warranty service repair work and may be a possible candidate to do the Rohrbaugh work. Otherwise, it wouldn't follow that they would only be a parts supplier.

I read it the same as you tracker.