Author Topic: About the death of Muhammad Ali  (Read 2367 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
About the death of Muhammad Ali
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »
When my brother graduated from College, he was instantly about to be drafted into the Military. Instead, he joined the Army and went off to boot camp. Several of my friends joined different branches of the US Armed Forces, and all proudly served their country. At the same time, a boxer by the name of Cassius Clay was about to be drafted. He changed his name to Muhammad Ali & changed his religion. He then claimed to be exempt from the draft and entering US Service on religious grounds. Recently my brother passed away, and we had a beautiful burial at the new Sarasota National Cemetery complete with Honor Guard and taps. It was a moving experience to be among the thousands of our Veterans graves and a honor. This honor and respect will never be had by a draft dodger, no matter how good a boxer he was. He will always be a traitor in my mind and a disgrace to our fine country.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:11:36 AM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: About the death of Muhammad Ali
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »
Very well said and my sentiments exactly. All of this attention and adulation for a draft dodger escapes me.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: About the death of Muhammad Ali
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:29:55 PM »
1970, drafted...wife and a new baby.  Could have bailed to Canada I suppose, but that never occurred to me.  Meanwhile Horney Bill Clinton managed to avoid service, but at least he "didn't inhale", and Cassius opted out also.  I see no heroism in the behavior of either.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis