Gentleman:

I found a source of Speer Gold Dot today at " Cheaper than
Dirt". 9mm/124 grain @ $10.87 per box of 20, shipping
excluded.

Offline Shaderad

Re: AMMO
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 06:53:44 PM »
Hello, all!

A physician here in PA, who is really delighted to see all the Docs interested in guns and shooting, particularly the R9S/R9.  Also, it's cool that there is an Orthopedic Surgeon involved with R9 R&D--what could be better for so-called "ergonomic" design?  I'm also about to purchase my own R9S (I can't wait !!!!!!!!!) from yet ANOTHER Doc, who sells guns as a sideline.

But... and here's the big butt...  you guys (on the forum) had recommended, among other ammo types, the Speer Gold Dot in 124 gr. weight.

Now, just a couple days ago I spoke to Eric (yes, THE Eric) (Eric Rohrbaugh), who said the 115 gr. was, in his words, the "sweetheart" round.  He also said the same round is used by the FBI.

So, which is it?  Does it matter?  I ordered some of each, but... which is better?

I'm also trying to find a source (online/catalog) for the Federal 147 gr. sub-sonic "Tactical Police Load" and the same brand's "Standard" version of the above.

Can anyone help?

Also, and I guess unrelated... I'm searching for the perfect pocket holster for my new R9S.  Until I got (will get, actually) the R9S, I carried a Kel-Tec P3AT in a leather pocket holster mede by "Action Direct".  Despite trying many (MANY...) other types of pocket holster, I have always come back to this one.  It is soft, with "rough" (suede-like) side-out design, and works well to break up the outline to prevent the "print" in the front pocket.

I'm concerned that this holster will be insufficient to stand up to the added weight of the Rohrbaugh, although it is probably the right size (kind of looks/feels/functions like the DeSantis "Nemesis", but in leather).  Advice?

Thanks.

Paul Shaderowfsky, MD ???

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: AMMO
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 06:05:59 PM »
This thread is toast,  so here's another choice in pocket holsters, http://Http://Hedleyholsters.com
RJ=