Author Topic: Revo carry??  (Read 13758 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Revo carry??
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 12:49:12 PM »
Aha ..... makes total sense ...  :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline saltydog452

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2004, 05:50:08 AM »
Mostly, in hot weather I will have a S&W Mdl 638 with the shrouded hammer somewhere about my person.  The Airweight has a Barami Hip-Grip and Melvin Tyler's "T-Grip" spacer attached.

The Guardian is in a hip-pocket holster.

For what its worth, I have the shrouded hammer because of the extra leverage that is available to index the cylinder should there be a pierced primer or lint, etc., accumulate around the cylinder star, hand, etc.

Also, two Bianchi speed strips fit nicely into an empty Altoids breath mint can.

saltydog452

ps...

If I am waring a holster, its a Kahr on the hip and the Guardian in the off hip-pocket.

salty.

Offline gunner930

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 01:07:24 PM »
 Hi everyone, I'm posting a revolver question here to save space. DDGator your welcome.  ;D
 I have an Armsor 200 38spl my uncle gave me. Actually I bought him a Taurus 85 ultralite with the pearl grips and gold as he likes pretty guns. He gave me this Armscor and told me it was misfiring which didn't surprise me being a low end gun. I'd like to fix it before I sell or trade it as I'd just hate to put someone with a misfiring gun.
 The problem is the "gearing?" is worn on the part that ejects the spent shells which also is what makes the cylinder turn. Its causing it to slip past a round here and there. What is this part called and how hard are they to remove? Do I need a special tool and if so, what is it called?
 Any answers/advice will be appreciated! Thanks!
Gunner

Offline gunner930

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 03:21:14 PM »
 By the way, the part I'm describing is the piece that fits into the center of the cylinder that raises the shells for easy unloading. I think there is a general name for it on all revolvers with an ejection system. It works just like DA Smiths and such.
 9mil.mouse recomended Gun Parts Corp but they offer no diagrams or parts for these revolvers. Thanks though Mouse!

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2004, 03:44:28 PM »
I'm guessing it would be called the ejector, aka the star.  Really, that thing that pushes out the used brass in most revolvers is usually called an ejector.   8)  
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 07:21:17 PM by 9mil.mouse »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2004, 03:49:51 PM »
Just sent it back to Smith under their lifetime repair....  oh, a what?  Armscor?  Never heard of it.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2004, 09:03:16 AM »
Hi gunner930,

I have never heard of an Armscor. On a S&W revolver the part you are describing is the ejector star and the part of the star that is worn on your gun is what S&W calls the ratchets. Unless you are a gunsmith or armorer you can not install the star with the ratchets yourself on a S&W revolver since they have to be cut with a ratchet cutter and hand fitted with a Barrett file for the revolver to be timed and work correctly. It has to be handfitted to work in conjunction with the "hand", which is the part that turns the cylinder, so that the cylinder turns and lines up with the barrel at the same time that the hammer drops. The usual solution, on a S&W, to worn ratchets is to fit a slightly oversized hand instead of replacing the star. You would only replace the star in an extreme case.

I hope this helps,

Frank
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 09:07:22 AM by shooterjb »

Offline gunner930

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2004, 01:19:26 PM »
 Thanks Frank and Mouse! An Armscor is kinda a Colt revolver copy but definately not of Colt quality. They are made in the Phillipines. I had never heard of them either. Just your basic "Saturday night special" cheapy.
 Its probebly worth no more than 75.00 if it was functional. I may just junk it for parts.
 Thanks again for the info. I have learned more than I knew.  :)