Author Topic: Remington RM380 released!  (Read 72640 times)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Re: Remington RM380 released!
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
I was able to handle one today, I think the trigger is similar but its not the same.  It starts out the same as the R9 but right before it breaks there is definitely a wall and the trigger is much heavier than my R9 at that point.

Oh and according to the clerk Remington doesn't actually make the guns, they bought out some gun maker and those guys are still making the pistol for Remington.   ::)

Online MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 06:53:01 PM »
I was able to handle one today, I think the trigger is similar but its not the same.  It starts out the same as the R9 but right before it breaks there is definitely a wall and the trigger is much heavier than my R9 at that point.

Oh and according to the clerk Remington doesn't actually make the guns, they bought out some gun maker and those guys are still making the pistol for Remington.   ::)

C0unt  -  My RM380 has a little bit of that, but I would not call it a wall.  I think some of that will come out of it with time.

It does not bother me in the least.  This is not a target gun and I use a fairly fast steady pull and it does not throw my dry firing off at all.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:24:36 PM by MRC »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2015, 07:10:02 PM »

I'd like to find out who that "some gun maker" is! That would be very interesting to know. ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »
Hey !

What are you doing wasting your time posting to a gun forum, get back there and make some more guns!

Chop chop!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »

Maybe it is George Bush.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2015, 11:03:07 PM »
Its kinda scary knowing that for many people, the store clerks are their primary source of information about firearms.

I also looked at the magazines with the extension - I was hoping that it was a piece of plastic that fit on the bottom of the magazine over the floorplate or something but it is the floorplate.  You'd have to replace the plastic floorplate to return the magazine to the non-extended configuration.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »
Hey !

What are you doing wasting your time posting to a gun forum, get back there and make some more guns!

Chop chop!

LOL ~ It not us making them!  We're retired now.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »
Went to local gunshow today and fingered 4 different rm380s....price was from 349 to 400 bucks....gun felt light and ok made...I will not be buying one until they are under 300 bucks..NOTHING BEATS THE REAL DEAL....

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2015, 01:34:04 PM »
Saw two RM380 at the local gun show yesterday ($425) - buddy of mine bought one ($400).  Looks and feels very much like my R9.  We walked through the show and handled many other 380's but the RM380 had the nicest trigger and just felt solid.  The Ruger LCP and KelTec P3AT felt like little toys in comparison, and that 380 ammo sure is tiny. 

I like the RM380 and would get one if I were in the market for a pocket 380.  Nothing else out there (still being produced) comes close.

There is most certainly a void in the pocket 9mm category.  The R9 is (was) in a class by itself.   
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2015, 01:59:55 PM »
Just checked my LGS's and nothing available yet. I guess I'll wait till I get to FL. and check down there. By the way there are 21 on GB. Looks like there all trying to break the bank though.

As of today, there are now 45 on GB, and pricing is getting real.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »

(quote: I like the RM380 and would get one if I were in the market for a pocket 380.  Nothing else out there (still being produced) )comes close.Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 13, 2015 at 7:26:56 PM EST

There is most certainly a void in the pocket 9mm category.  The R9 is (was) in a class by itself.   
[/quote]

IMO a 380, as with a .32, is actually a true "belly gun", ie: useful at 3 to 5 yards max, and contra-intuitively, most effective is use for a brain shot.  There is another even smaller and more brutal (speaking of recoil pain) 380, and that is the Seecamp version which is more available, less expensive and equally effective at the range considered most useful for this type of "mouse gun").  For the minimal penalty in weight and size, I would (and do) carry the Rohrbaugh 9mm R9.  After today's events, I am considering relagating my R9 again to "Backup" and carrying a large calibre/capacity handcun.

Any reasonable comments as to calibre, size/type, vs. conealability from you guys?

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »
 After today's events, I am considering relagating my R9 again to "Backup" and carrying a large calibre/capacity handcun.

Any reasonable comments as to calibre, size/type, vs. conealability from you guys?

I am sad to say that my R9S will now be in a secondary position when it comes to my EDC. Because of the events of recent days, I feel outgunned. I purchased a Glock 19 9mm. It holds 15+1 or 17+1. 15+1 + an extra mag of 17+1=34. A typical AK holds 30? I went to a concert tonight. My feeling there was that if something happened, I had too few bullets and a gun that I am real good at at 20 feet. Too few feet and too few bullets. My R9S is perfect for my EDC. My Glock will be with me in my truck at all times. I will carry that in what I feel are high exposure places. Sad that we have to live this way now. It would be nice to have a real President to deal with this mess.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2015, 12:22:57 AM »
After today's events, I am considering relagating my R9 again to "Backup" and carrying a large calibre/capacity handcun.

I am sad to say that my R9S will now be in a secondary position when it comes to my EDC. Because of the events of recent days, I feel outgunned. I purchased a Glock 19 9mm. It holds 15+1 or 17+1. 15+1 + an extra mag of 17+1=34. A typical AK holds 30? I went to a concert tonight. My feeling there was that if something happened, I had too few bullets and a gun that I am real good at at 20 feet. Too few feet and too few bullets. My R9S is perfect for my EDC. My Glock will be with me in my truck at all times. I will carry that in what I feel are high exposure places. Sad that we have to live this way now. It would be nice to have a real President to deal with this mess.
I have done the exact same thing...gen2 glock 19 car and r9 pocket....great minds think alike

Offline HLGJr

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »
I purchased a RM380 this week for $359. While reading the manual I noticed they want you to remove and clean the "Firing pin assembly". I have had my R9s for over 10 years and never cleaned the firing pin assembly. I don't recall it even mentioned in the manual. Maybe Eric can comment on this. Herb

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2015, 07:09:40 AM »
$299 plus $35 shipping on GB.