Author Topic: Grip Tape  (Read 12258 times)

ccoorreeyy

Re: Grip Tape
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »
Yes I was coming from a collectors point of view.   If checkered or stippled was done to the frame it would need a refinish and even if you went back wither the mp3 finish it would, IMHO, no longer be a factory Robar gun.  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:29:10 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline parkgt

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 08:46:35 PM »
If your really worried about collector value leave it NIB, don't fire it or carry it either!

I thought most here bought them for their intended purpose.  If mine gets nicked up enough to bother me I will send it in for refinishing.   Maybe have it stippled or checkered first.  If it loses a couple hundred in value because of that over the years I won't know and won't care because it won't be for sale.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »

Most of us in the beginning bought the R9 for the ultimate in concealed carry defensive purposes. Then the factory moved to Deer Park, discontinued the blue and black CF grips, the no R prefix, the Elite, the Special Forces, and the Robar, etc. So, when all of these things changed it motivated a group of newbies to recognize collector classes of R9, quite apart from the original purpose of the pup. On the other hand these scarcities have continued to generate interest in this evolving planned obsolescence of models; simple laws of supply and demand.

Offline parkgt

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »
tracker,

Far point, I just have never bought a gun I wasn't most interested in shooting.  I get rid of those that don't shoot as well as I like.  I try to keep them in as great a shape as possible.   If they lose a little value, it is what I expected.

I have had one rifle for 40 years.  A Belgium Browning Safari on a Sako action in .243 that was rechambered to a .243 ackely improved.  I ruined it's collectors value but it is what I wanted and it hasn't bothered me one bit.  But, I bet i can still get more than the $175 I paid for it; which was a lot of money in 1971.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 12:31:07 AM »

Fortunately, Rohrbaugh has kept their eye on the ball and the present regular models benefit from many upgrades and internal improvements over the last seven years.