Author Topic: I want a Rohrbaugh R45 for 2016.  (Read 12825 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
I want a Rohrbaugh R45 for 2016.
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her a Rohrbaugh R45. She asked me where she could buy one. I told her that she can't, they're not built as of yet. She said "Then why did you ask me for it?" I told her that maybe Santa would hear me and work on it. Santa Eric?? Are you listening?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
Re: I want a Rohrbaugh R45 for 2016.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »
Second in line... :)

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »
I have an idea how Eric will respond but we'll see.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »
Maybe all that is holding him back is his music, bike, and covenant not to compete restriction.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »
You guys are funny...................I'll think about an answer and respond shortly..............Time to brew a spot of tea for the evening nip right now.

Talk to you later.................ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MikrotikEa

• Зацените мой новый обзор шкода
I want a Rohrbaugh R45 for
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »
I cant seem to find a way to order one.

Anyone have one they want to part with?
Успехов вам! пожалуйста зацените http://0gogo.ru/youtube мой канал если не трудно =)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
Karl has just one - The Prototype R45 . . . . . . . and I don't see him letting that one go as it is the only one in existence right now.

Karl & I were holding conversation recently about the possibilities after our five year none-compete clause with Remington.

Don't know yet. . . . . there is a lot involved to make that happen and we are really enjoying our retirement right now, but who knows. . . . we get bored doing nothing. lol.

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »
You and Karl don't need to make many of them, just a few for us select and special people.   If I am lucky enough to get one I will not tell Remmy.  Lips will be sealed.............. 8)

(You don't need a kidney or anything do you??? ;D)

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
Eric-

I'm still holding out hope for a 45.  And, (pretty sure I know the answer to this) given the same overall cartridge length and greater magazine capacity would you and Karl consider one in 38Super?  ;-)

-Chris

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 08:44:43 PM »
You and Karl don't need to make many of them, just a few for us select and special people.   If I am lucky enough to get one I will not tell Remmy.  Lips will be sealed.............. 8)

(You don't need a kidney or anything do you??? ;D)

You're funny Michael.  LOL.

Eric R.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »
Eric-

I'm still holding out hope for a 45.  And, (pretty sure I know the answer to this) given the same overall cartridge length and greater magazine capacity would you and Karl consider one in 38Super?  ;-)

-Chris

A 38 Super R9 Series Pistol!? . . . . . Interesting caliber! . . . . . But!. . . That will never happen Chris. The round is not a popular one. Sorry......  ;-)

ecr

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »
Put me in line for two plus if you need some operating capital there are more than a few of us willing to help out.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 07:15:24 AM »
Ha haa . . . . . Yes, I know that Kevin. You have no idea what has been proposed behind the doors. Many backroom proposals have been made, but I really don't think in today's world, and the timing in my and Karl's life, would see us doing anything with the design at this point. But, odder things have happened...................  ::)    . . . . . . . I recall someone along my life's path mention: "Never say never".