Author Topic: New Guy New Gun  (Read 1278 times)

Offline joesolo

New Guy New Gun
« on: December 10, 2006, 10:46:15 AM »
Howdy all. I'm Joe and new here to the forum. I shoot a lot of shotguns (Kolar) and some pistols but not as much as I should. Anyway, went to the gun store yesterday looking for something along the lines of my old and gone Colt Pony. The only thing they had that was smaller than my Kahr MK9 was a Kel Tec....not really what I wanted. So I filled out the papers. While walking around as the sales guy processed my stuff what did I find?!?!? A brand new R9s!! Holy moly. I have never seen one in person. Always wanted one since G&A (or Handgunner?) did a wicked pict and story on it. Killed the Kel Tec, got the R9s. Unbelievable. Before I knew of the ammo "appetite" I bought some Winchester WHite Box 115g PD ammo. Shot 50 last nite at a target that had forty million holes already in it but I was in a hurry so not sure how accurate I was. I had 3 feed issues but 99% sure it was me not holding the gun. It digs into the web of my thumb a little but I wil figure it out. Going back in an hour with new targets and experiment with more ammo. Anyway, sorry for the long BS but here I am. Will be back with some questions later.

Cheers...Joe

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: New Guy New Gun
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 05:17:03 PM »
joe, welcome to the forum, glad you found a pup , enjoy shooting it. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!