Author Topic: Need Help on Grip Fit and Function  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Need Help on Grip Fit and Function
« on: April 18, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »
Howdy -  Well my second trip to the range resulted in the same failure.   No trigger engagement.

I tightened up the grips good after the first range session when the right panel got loose and the trigger would not work.

I did not use lock tite after reading the negative posts.  I was going to put clear fingernail polish on the threads but forgot all about it and forgot to buy some polish.

Yesterday  after a match, I pulled out the pup for another test.  After 4 rounds the trigger disengaged.  I did not have the proper grip tool to tighten the right panel.  I did notice that there seemed to be a "bow" to the grip panel, where even tightening would not help much.  I could see the 'inards' pressing on the panel.

I wanted to shoot more so I laid the gun on table and pressed down on the "bow".  That was good for one shot.  And again if repeated.  Or, I could shoot left-handed and squeeze the panel tight while shooting.

After a mag that got to be a pain so I quit.

Now at home , the panel screws were just a little loose, after tightening there is still a "bow" big enough to slip a piece of paper into. This is coming in at from the trigger gaurd area, if looking at the gun's profile while holding in the left hand, it would be 3 0'clock.  A piece of paper can be slipped in at 11' o'clock as well.

These are G-10 grips.

Does your R9 have this bow, if so is it this bad?

Thanks

Reinz
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 04:59:03 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline riffraff

• Master
Re: Need Help on Grip Fit and Function
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 05:47:27 PM »
Reinz,

Something is wrong.  If you are certain that there is not anything on the gun causing the bow which you see then you need to send that grip back for a replacement.  Hopefully it is just the grip.  That is an easy fix.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline Hk-Itch

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 07:51:39 PM »
No bow or space in my grips but I do have to tight'n the screws alittle after each range session.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »
Thanks for the quick response guys.  You confirmed my beliefs.  I wanted to be sure before I called the factory.  I didn't want them to think I was crazy or one of those just too finicky gun nuts that had to have everything fit perfectly.

Thanks again,

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE