Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

''The draw'' ..... with an R9

(1/4) > >>

R9SCarry:
Just one other thing to think about.

As with any very small piece ... access to it is important ..... by which I mean speed of retrieval ... or if from holster per se .. speed of draw.

I strongly recommend those with an R9 to pay close attention to not just how they carry it but ...... how fast and efficiently you can get it into play.  I am practicing with access from pocket (holsterless) .... access from pocket with the K&D pocket holster and .... access from the belt rig (K&D also) .... which still needs broke in a bit.

On balance I will prefer to draw from belt rig ... it is way more instinctive for me .... but I find some practice even with that method is essential.  It's one thing to have just about the smallest 9mm package there is ..... but another to be able to bring it into play quick enough.

Practice - as ever - essential.

flyandscuba:
Pocket holster carry for me.  My mode of normal dress (business casual) limits my options.  Ankle holsters, belly bands, underwear carriers, etc. are a poor choice in my opinion.  Belt carry isn't a good option for this gun for me.  If I'm dressed in a way that provides concealment of a belt rig, it will be with a larger weapon -- such as my HK P7.  The R9s will take the place of my KT P-3AT as a back-up in that situation..... as primary, when it is all I'm carrying.

GeorgeH:
Typically, I will carry my Rohrbaugh in a pocket holster, but I intend to get several belt and IWB holsters also.

DDGator:
Pocket carry is my preferred method.  There are pluses and minuses for sure.  I detailed them all in an article I wrote in this month's Concealed Carry Magazine.  I will try to host the article somewhere on the web so I can link to it and you guys can read it.

One thing about pocket carry -- it may be a bit slower, but you have the advantage of a very casual "at ready" condition.  You can have your hand in your pocket in a near firing grip and look non-threatening -- giving you a real head start if you need it.  Everybody knows what you are doing when you reach under your shirt to your 5:00.

RJ HEDLEY:
I think no one can have a worst problem with their CCW than the folks in Ohio.  I can't quote the law verbatim, but it's something along the lines of this.  When carrying with a CCW, in a vehicle, the weapon must be IN PLAIN SIGHT !  So pocket carry is not allowed when in a vehicle  ??? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version