Author Topic: A tale of two triggers  (Read 4604 times)

Offline gunthorp

• I do what the voices in her head tell me
    • Gunthorp
A tale of two triggers
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »
Recently, a very experienced student returned for a renewal class.  He brought along the PF9 he carries, because he doesn't want one of his safe queens confiscated should he need to defend himself.  He already has just about everything, but I noticed him looking with curiosity at my demo pup.

The demos are a 5 1/2" old model Vaquero, 4" S&W 500, 2 1/2" Taurus Titanium 41, S&W 340PD, Ultra CDP/LG with a 22 conversion, PM40, and R9.

For qualification, we use a zombie chest and head copied on a sheet of typing paper at 5 yards.  His PF9 was all over the paper.  I offered the use of my R9, and he was amazed at how steady the gun seemed as the hammer dropped during dry fire.  He also remarked that there was more clearance for his finger inside the trigger guard.  Then he proceeded to  put a mag into 2" in the zombie's head.

I wouldn't be surprised if he calls me to order one.
The nick of time comes right before the moment lost.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: A tale of two triggers
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:38:02 AM »
Guy needs to review his priorities...I'd rather replace a safe-queen than protect it by carrying an inferior weapon instead.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline gunthorp

• I do what the voices in her head tell me
    • Gunthorp
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
Exactly.  I suggest one carry the best tool he has that gives confidence through skill.  A gun fighter is first a fighter who happens to have a gun.  The R9 eliminates the excuse for not having one.
The nick of time comes right before the moment lost.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 10:52:36 PM »
  A gun fighter is first a fighter who happens to have a gun.  The R9 eliminates the excuse for not having one.

Wise words indeed.   8)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:27:55 AM »
Exactly.  I suggest one carry the best tool he has that gives confidence through skill.  A gun fighter is first a fighter who happens to have a gun.  The R9 eliminates the excuse for not having one.

Amen!

The student in question really does have his priorities scrambled. As it is, only his heirs in line to receive those "safe queens" stand to gain anything.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"