Author Topic: my first rohrbaugh  (Read 5593 times)

Offline zee

my first rohrbaugh
« on: June 28, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »
really bummed, first experience was horrible-i have the 9s and it jammed several times with different types of ammo, the extractor looks like it is chipped, the trigger wont work after cleaning, and the extra screws i bot from the company, don't fit the gun as they are too short. We have many many pistols and never had so many problems...oh and to top it off the grip screw stripped out. I guess going back to gun store tommorrow. very very disappointed.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
e: my first rohrbaugh
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »
Wow, Zee; what a bummer. This being your first time out
with it why were you jacking with the grip screws? I still
haven't removed my grips after two + years.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 08:17:10 PM by tracker »

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
Re: my first rohrbaugh
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:25:43 PM »
Zee, was this a BRAND new gun?  If not, the recoil spring may be bad.  A chipped extractor makes me think that it's been shot before.  I'd be shocked if a new one broke off that quick unless you shoot Brown Bear or Wolf stuff; then all bets are off.

If I'm not mistaken, the trigger not working after taking grips off means you've somehow messed up the drawback spring.  It's either broken or just needs to be put back on properly.

Offline eddie_c-clamp

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
Hang in there Bro- My first experience was lass than perfect. Don't sweat the little stuff 8)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
What Tracker said.  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
Let's see...........where to start.  ???

What type of ammo did you use?

Why did you think you needed to buy additional grip screws before even shooting the pistol?

Why would you put enough force on something that evidently wasn't right to strip it? I imagine attempting to put the grips back on, too....

Please excuse me but it sounds like you're in over your head....good luck.  ::)

"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
I agree that all this sounds a bit strange...  Your experience is certainly not representative of what we see on this board.

Never heard of grip screws being too short.  Some ammo related malfunctions can occur depending upon a lot of factors -- the ammo used, how many rounds were fired on the springs in the gun, the grip technique used, etc.

You haven't really provided enough information for us to help you.  If you bought the gun new, and your dealer can't help you, call the factory.  If you bought it used, you need to deal with the dealer you got it from.

For now I will assume that you are a legit new member and not a troll.  When someone shows up with a first post bashing the gun with incomplete and somewhat non-sensical information, I start to wonder...  I'll keep watching.

Thanks.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »
I guess this couldn't have been too big of deal as Zee hasn't posted again.  I'm starting to think troll myself.   I hope not; but  you never know now days.    

My first experience was quite good.  I had 2 times the trigger didn't return and one failure to feed (at the end of over 75 rounds I may add).  I think the grip screws were loose and that's what I attributed the trigger not returning to.  I torqued them heavily, but I cannot see how one would strip them unless he or she has no mechanical skills or used the wrong size hex/Allen wrench.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »
Given the syntax, spelling, and general composition, all coupled with a completely barren profile . . . .   ::)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline zee

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 06:29:11 PM »
wow....sorry guys..i have to work too...anyways the ammo was the recommeded spear gold dot 124 and winchester white box 115..both good ammo. we went to dealer and he recommended trying the winchester silver tip 115 and the
remmington 124 golden saber..so we will try those. in answer to the screws, we always buy spare parts when we buy a new pistol to have on hand. on answering the experience thing, i am 59 and been shooting since i was 20 or so and own many pistols of all types froms sig to high end so that is not a problem.. onlys hot 150 rounds and will now try changing the spring and the ammo recommeded...i will post an update. i do appreciate the help and please no insults i am one of you...and not a troll. thank you all

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
Thank you, Zee.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »

Hang in there Zee.  it is always darkest before dawn.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline hoserack

• Sharpshooter
  • #R2660
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
You keep refering to, "we", who's we?  ???

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »
That's good to hear, Zee. Keep us informed. It's a helpful group around here,  even if we do tend to become rather proprietary about our "pups."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 11:11:34 PM »
Apologies Zee!!  

150 rounds...when did it start malfunctioning?  Immediately or after 50 or so?

I shot Federal HST 124g, no problems.  124g Gold Dot...no problems.  WWB...no problems.  

And...buying spare parts...SMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wish HK sold spares.... :(.