Author Topic: my first rohrbaugh  (Read 5622 times)

Offline Benjamin

• Sharpshooter
Re: my first rohrbaugh
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 01:40:19 PM »
 I feel bad about believing  you were a troll.

Benjamin

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »
No hard feelings, Zee.  Keep in mind that when someone new joins a forum and drops in with a post like that -- negative in tone, lacking details, etc. -- we tend to get our guard up.

I am still not sure exactly what your problems are, but with adequate details here I am sure we can help you, and the factory will help you too if you purchased new.

Don't worry -- you didn't make a mistake buying an R-9.  There are too many very happy owners out here.

Thanks.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline zee

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 07:14:42 PM »
hi guys back again. lets see...ok "we" is my husband  which i know is a little unusual but we like going shooting together and we each shoot different guns each time we go. The jamming started right away...and wow its so little and with no device to hold back the slide (whatever that thingamajig is called) it takes three hands to get it out. I guess the husband really is handy for that part. I am being positive and hoping all works out in the end. We were told Rohrbaugh's was on vacation all week so we will call next Monday and fax them a letter. We check all new guns before we fire them and checked the screws before we fired the 150 rounds and i will tell you to be careful as the screws do loosen up on the little pup...they are very very small..  Does anyone know who makes them. Thank you again.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »
Ooook, Zee; keep those cards and letters coming--they are
quite refreshing and thanks for answering our questions. The
screws just require light torquing after several usages to keep
them tight--they have not been a major issue if not taken
to an extreme.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 09:14:39 PM »
Zee:

And now it's time for me to make a formal apology for my erroneous assumptions based on your first post. I hereby apologize.

As for the grip screws on the R9, they are indeed small and need to be monitored and treated with some care -- and light torquing, as Tracker notes. In that regard, this link may be helpful:

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/basefile/gripscrews.htm

The other FAQ pages shown at the link may answer additional questions you have. If not, let us know.

Finally, as I have not previously done so, I hereby welcome you and your husband to the unofficial Forum for what I consider to be the finest pocket pistol yet produced. I have owned my R9 for over four years now, it is my EDC, and it has shown no vices.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:22:08 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 03:42:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum!!

I wish you better luck with your next outing!!

I too have not had a problem with my pups.. ;)

Read around on the forum,you will find a lot of info..

Once again,Welcome..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »
zee, next Monday when you call Rohrbaugh you'll talk with Maria, she'll be a big help to you.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »
Sorry for any misunderstandings on my part, just kind of a 'different' first post.... :-[

I'm sure everything will get ironed out and you will really enjoy having what, IMHO, is the finest pocket pistol on the market.

Mine has been flawless since I put the very first round though it and it's too bad that you are having troubles with yours.

Please keep us posted as to the outcome.
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline zee

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 08:33:27 PM »
thank you all, and i will call maria as per your suggestion. i noticed when i racked the slide back tonight that the barrel moves up and down and seems to be really loose..in the end i think after i talk to them it probably will go back to Rohrbaugh.
i cannot wait to have it work properly because i can tell just from all your posts that it is a great firearm...i am disappointed, but also excited about having it work great when it gets fixed. I know it sounds crazy but can't wait for my pup to be well. You all are really helpful and i love your site.

Offline zee

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
update- we sent the pup back next day air ups ..you were right rohrbaugh said send it back they will go over the entire pisol for us..we did not have to explain anything, just sent a copy of our letter.

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 07:59:35 AM »
With the Rohrbaugh brothers' excellent customer service, I think you will soon be a happy camper.

Welcome aboard.
ACTA NON VERBA