Author Topic: brand new covert, malfunctioning on average 4 out of 10 pulls..light strikes/FTE  (Read 7995 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
After watching the video and hearing the conclusion, I don't think I'll be using any for my SD rounds. ( under penetration ( 8.5"), consistent jacket separation and they also said they have tested 380s that had better penetration.
  It may make the gun work great but stopping the threat is job 1 and you need a round that will do both.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Gaurd Dog was offered in a heavier grain bullet - maybe it still is to LEAs.  But the 105gr EFMJ basically turns a 9mm pistol into a 380 ACP.

The only reason I can see someone using the Gaurd Dog is if they have weak hands, are extremely recoil sensitive or something like that.  As you can imagine, a 380 ACP round fired from a 9mm pistol is usially going to be pretty manageable.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
I have also read where Karl carries Silver Tips in his personal pistol.  The only reason I can see to carry them is if they are the only round the gun will feed and you are in love with the gun.

I have not seen a good exterior ballistics test on Silver Tips in 20 years.  Very old technology.

Offline dmunofo

• Sharpshooter
  • 1 year Rohrbaugh owner
I sent you a private message, please reply back when u get a chance.....

Thanks,

Dominick
Active LEO, Duty Weapon SIG P220, Off Duty H&K USP Compact .45, K380 2 tone with blue carbon fiber VZ grips, Benchmade Triage side blade,

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
I have also read where Karl carries Silver Tips in his personal pistol.  The only reason I can see to carry them is if they are the only round the gun will feed and you are in love with the gun.

I have not seen a good exterior ballistics test on Silver Tips in 20 years.  Very old technology.

Exactly why I stopped carrying them, although the gun functions well with them I want a round that functions well on the other end.
  With development of the Duel Bond, PDX1 Defender and the Platinum Tip pistol ammo,  I believe Winchester has not upgraded the Silvertips as MRC suggests.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
I still like the Silvertips; know the technology is old, it's just something about them..............I've started recommending the Gold Dots since firing them in the Boberg and will continue, however, one R9 still gets the aformentioned.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln