Author Topic: Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth Elite for sale on Gunbroker  (Read 7256 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth Elite for sale on Gunbroker
« on: June 13, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
I just saw this R9S Stealth Elite for sale on Gunbroker so I thought I'd pass it on here. Being sold by Shoot Straight in Florida. They purchased a lot of our firearms! This one looks to be pretty clean example if anyone is looking for this model. They became labor intensive to finish the slides that way, so we decided to stop making those models. Looking at the S.N. in one of the photographs, it appears to be in the R2900 area of production, which should put it around 2007-08 time frame for manufacture. Shoot Straight are good guys to deal with also.

Here is the link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/655394453

Regards,

Eric R.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:00:33 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth Elite for sale on Gunbroker
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »

The last I heard, Shoot Straight was the largest stocking dealer in the country.  The occasionally have good prices on special buys... but are generally on the pricey side.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »
My best friend bought that one new. I owned it for years until a few weeks ago and stupidly let it go (on this forum). The buyer owned it for a couple of weeks and sold it here as well. It is a fantastic gun. The action is smooth as silk and it had seen very few rounds. These guys want over $4k I believe.

:P

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 07:14:03 AM »
My best friend bought that one new. I owned it for years until a few weeks ago and stupidly let it go (on this forum). The buyer owned it for a couple of weeks and sold it here as well. It is a fantastic gun. The action is smooth as silk and it had seen very few rounds. These guys want over $4k I believe.

I never saw your original for sale post- must have missed it... 

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 07:26:15 AM »

You had it for sale in 2013 for $1600 and had to reduce the price to $1500.  Any takers at $1500? 

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
I bought the last Eite from them. Paid 4K and was worth every penny. EVERYONE who sees It loves it. I bought a Wilson Covert from a member here. It was unfired till I put 4 rounds through it. THAT is also one nice gun.

Between the Elites, Coverts and Tributes it's hard to remember that there are so few Rohrbaugh's around.   
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
Look at picture #8, the left side of the trigger guard. I wrote to ask if that was photo glare or scratches. Sadly the reply was scratches. Just saying. I'll still bid just not real high.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »
Congrats kevinqjhps!!

Offline jh225

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:44:54 PM »
Look at picture #8, the left side of the trigger guard. I wrote to ask if that was photo glare or scratches. Sadly the reply was scratches. Just saying. I'll still bid just not real high.

Also appeared to be wear on the left(?) side at the end of the frame as seen in pic 7. Might be a shadow, but it doesn't show the same on the other side.

In any event, good luck with the newest pick up.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 06:26:21 AM »
i actually called them on that BEFORE purchase. For edge wear use a Birchwood Casey Super Black touch up pen in flat black. It repairs 99.9% of those. For the $1310 difference in price from my last Elite, I am VERY, VERY, happy with he deal.

This makes two Elites, one Covert, and 3 two tones. i have GOT to slow down.:):):):):):)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »
I carried that one a little and couldn't stand the thought that I was de-valuing it, so I let it go and stuck with a beat up basic R9 as my carry. My best friend bought it new. I have owned four and you will be blown away by how smooth the action is on that one. It is by far the smoothest I have ever seen. Congratulations!
 8)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 09:12:28 AM »
I carried that one a little and couldn't stand the thought that I was de-valuing it, so I let it go and stuck with a beat up basic R9 as my carry. My best friend bought it new. I have owned four and you will be blown away by how smooth the action is on that one. It is by far the smoothest I have ever seen. Congratulations!
 8)

Thanks. This HAS to be my last one, I no own two Elites, one Covert, and three two tones. Like a lot of people who're nearing the end other line, Military Disability, I got into buying what I really want, NOT  what I need  something I consider a PERFECT weapon.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 02:17:41 PM »
I just saw this R9S Stealth Elite for sale on Gunbroker so I thought I'd pass it on here. Being sold by Shoot Straight in Florida. They purchased a lot of our firearms! This one looks to be pretty clean example if anyone is looking for this model. They became labor intensive to finish the slides that way, so we decided to stop making those models. Looking at the S.N. in one of the photographs, it appears to be in the R2900 area of production, which should put it around 2007-08 time frame for manufacture. Shoot Straight are good guys to deal with also.

Here is the link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/655394453

Regards,

Eric R.

I realize it is a used gun and NO GUN SHOP ON EARTH takes part, cleans and checks trade in's. Anyway The recoil spring was 1.162 rather than 1.500. Cleaned it and with new springs it works great. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident