Author Topic: Glock 27  (Read 3116 times)

Offline mjt

Glock 27
« on: October 01, 2006, 10:40:48 PM »
How do you like your G27?

How do you carry it (holster & maker).

Thanks.

:)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 10:41:49 PM by mjt »

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: Glock 27
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 11:12:37 PM »
I have a Glock 26, which is the same except in 9mm, which I recommend.  I have heard or read about more kabooms in .40 than all other calibers combined.

I carried mine very regularly from May of 1997 through this summer, when I bought a G19 that I usually carry instead of the G26.  However, even with the G19, the G26 still sees some carry, and the G26 remains the gun I would choose if I were limited by legal or economic reasons to one.  If I ever had to go back to 10-round clips, I would go right back to the G26.

I have carried it in shoulder holsters, belly bands, ankle holsters, strong side belt and IWB holsters, fanny packs, and pocket holsters.  Lately, I prefer a Sidearmor IWB holster with 5 degrees of butt-forward cant, a Kramer belt scabbard, or a Kramer pocket holster.  It will conceal in the pocket of a pair of dress slacks with slight bagginess, but carried that way daily will wear holes in the pockets.  When carried on the belt, you will find that the short grip is very easy to hide, but the long back end of the slide can stick out with too much butt-forward cant.

Although the 2-finger grip takes some getting used to, with a little practice the gun can be shot as well as any full-size gun.  I have competed with this gun in IDPA matches, and occasionally beaten people using full-size 1911's.

Recommended modifications:  MMC adjustable tritium sights, an 8 lb. NY trigger spring combined with a 3.5 lb. connector, and an extended slide release.  The factory sights will shoot very low, ans will many aftermarket fixed sights.  The trigger parts I recommended will provide a trigger pull that, although slightly heavier than the factory setup, is consistent from beginning to end with no stacking, and provides a crisper break.  The extended slide release will allow the gun to fit even the most tightly molded holsters while being easier to manipulate.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 11:21:50 PM »
I have a Glock 27 that has been modified with the KKM compensated barrel. I use CorBon 135 gr. in it. Lately though I have been using my Glock 26 with Winchester 127 gr. +P+ ammo. After shooting ballistic gelatin with both, I'll take the 9mm +P+!

PursuitSS
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline Paveway

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 01:47:43 AM »
I have a LEO friend that has one. I had a Glock 26 that I could shoot the crap out of, but could not shoot the .40 version very well in a back to back test one day. I thought that something was wrong with the gun, but it's just me. It has both the recoil snap of the 9mm and the recoil push of a .45

I just dont like the .40....too big for a small gun, too small for a big gun. I call it the committee bullet, because it's trying to be all things to everyone, like a committee would design it. But, I will give it credit for being able to do the job when called upon. This is all my opinion though.

The other thing I dislike is the horribly bulged cases that a Glock gives you. When you try to resize the case to reload, forget about it. You can barely get even a carbide resizing die to reshape it. It's not that it can't be done, but you've got to give the handle more effort than you would ever need to normally resize any other cartridge, provided you don't rip the casehead off and leave the rest of the case in the sizing die. I just wont risk it. I've been keeping non Glock fired brass in case you-know-where freezes over and I get a pistol, but I've been pitching the Glock fired brass. And there's not much latitude in .40 for reloaders for experimenting with loads, unlike the 10mm, it's parent cartridge. The primers for .40 are small pistol and the 10mm uses a large primer. I'll stop now with complaining about the cartridge, I've said enough. :-/

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 03:08:26 PM »
+1 for the G26! :D
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »
I have the glock 26 and 27.  I carry the 27 due to its "stopping" power.  Recoil is slightly more than the 9mm.  When carrying, I have found myself with a grip extension slide on a the full size mag, thus having increase rounds in clip.  I like the increase grip when carrying inside the pants or in a shoulder holster.  This allows a better grip and faster draw.  I can place the "regular" clip back with 9 rounds and carrying it in the pocket or my ankle holster.