Author Topic: Early R9s with blue cf grips  (Read 12645 times)

Offline hedrok

• Expert
Early R9s with blue cf grips
« on: October 18, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
I guess I'm finally ready to part with R293 since I found a 380 for my wife last week.  This gun belongs with a collector, blue grips and all.  I've shot about 250 (+ -) flawless rds. of Gold Dot thru this VERY nice gun and carried it for a number of years almost daily. NEVER pocket carried...but some holster polishing exists.  A couple of very faint scratches are also there.  Original box, paperwork (as soon as I find it), 2 mags come with it.  Asking $1475.shipped and insured to your FFL.  Trades possible, but not likely, since I'm trying to thin the herd and am narrowing down to what I REALLY like.  The most likely trade would be a reliable, "beater R9" (if there is such a thing) and cash.  
Pictures are available for the asking. PM, please...but... Be patient...I'm computer challenged.

Attention: Corey...Remember the extra mag that was supposed to go with R443 a couple of years ago...I found it.  PM your address and I'll get it in the mail to you.  

ccoorreeyy

Re: Early R9s with blue cf grips
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »
Address and trade question PM sent.

Thanks

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
Very tempting I even have a trade, but I'm not a collector. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
hedrok.  R293.  Sounds like a nice one!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Paindoctor

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »
Can we see a couple of photos of the pup?
Paindoctor
"...and when you run (a legit pain clinic) nowadays...your Rohrbaugh is never far away..." - Thanks to Karl, Maria, and Jim of Hiddenholsters.net - 'The Very Best' in custom concealment

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
Here are the Pics of R293

Love those Blue CFs.
John
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:14:35 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 10:19:29 PM »
Thanks, John...Careful your keyboard doesn't short out.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 10:54:01 PM »
I have a drool proof silicone keyboard cover. :D ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 09:22:56 AM »
WOW!  hedrok.  Very nice!  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 09:25:49 AM »
I have a drool proof silicone keyboard cover. :D ;D

John

I'm going to have to get one of those!    :D

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 10:15:53 AM »
Hedrok, here is a little bigger picture for your add.

Folks these are getting harder and harder to come buy.  If I did not have several of them already I would have already jumped on this one.  

Side note for any potential buyers:  If the Blue's don't "do it" for you I'd buy them from you if you were to buy it and wanted to sell them.  Then you could have much less dough in this early Farmingdale.

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49:22 AM »
Thanks, Corey.....Jeez ! ! That's a pretty gun! ! !   8)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 11:12:22 AM »
Careful, hedrok.  You may talk yourself into keeping that R293.    :D  One georgeous R9!

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »
Yes, it is, KJ...but, I have to admit, it sits in the safe waaay too much since I got my 9mm Springfield EMP.  With the right holster, the EMPs larger size is not a factor and, I can practice with it without wanting to buy a new hand the next day.  I still like the Rohrbaugh...she's been on my hip for years...but the times demand practicality.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 01:02:43 AM »
I understand, hedrok.  I have to tell folks who have one of these early ones that they may, one day, regret selling or trading such a fine R9.  However, one has to do what they feel they must....but WOW....once again, just georgeous.