Author Topic: Help With Customization(same as previous post)  (Read 24217 times)

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
Re: Help With Customization(same as previous post)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »
To celebrate Shot Show, Robar has a 25% off of NP3 Plus special now  ;)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
That's a good deal for someone doing a stock gun, wont help in this case.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »
I've got a stock gun.  Might help me!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
First, I hope that was a photo shopped pup and not for real. 2nd, I think I will probably go with the NP-3, it was a tough decision but, well from what I understand it gives a little better protection against salt, and I am in Florida about 100feet from a rather large body of salt so NP3plus it is. I understand he does some nice custom work beside? I am going for the checkering, radiusing and polishing trigger. I would love to do just a touch of engraving or jeweling.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
Any other ideas? Anything but Camo?

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »
I missed the last sale, so I am thinking that I may send both of my R9s for NP3 treatment before this sale ends. I only have one set of extreme grips though, so that means one pup would need to go with CF grips on it. Bad idea?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 09:57:55 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 07:53:58 AM »
Does Robar do checkering?

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 05:03:43 PM »
Thanks, I have checked their price list before and I could not find it. I was just wondering if someone knew. Not everything is always on a price listand website several times before. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
Well I spoke to our friends at Robar today looking for information on having my pup groomed, one of my questions, due to the fact that it is not on their price list was, "do you do checkering and if so how much?" The answer came back $300 for the front strap. I said OK thank you, I will get back to you when I am ready. Needless to say my pup will keep it smooth legs for the forseeable future. Grip on a pup is what about 2". Unless I go another way. I think a good set of grips along with Johns mag extension shoul provide sufficient holding power. Could get the gunsmith work done elsewhere and then send it off to Robar. Maybe I will call Mr. Cogan tomorrow to see how quickly he can do a couple of little things.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 06:50:28 PM »

If you are not a purist 3M tape works quite well on the front and back strap.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »
I look at friction tape for a handgun the same way I look at snow chains for a vehicle -- use if needed. I keep a roll of the stuff in my range bag in the same pouch which holds velcro straps, another one of those "survival tools" which make life a lot easier.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 08:15:01 PM »
Now that's an excellent way to put it.  Use it if you need it.  I like that.  For those who need it, I agree with the above two comments.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 08:36:50 PM »

I've gotten hooked on it: winter, spring, summer, and fall. It is like a seat belt; you only need it when you have an accident, but which time is that?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »
Good point!    :)