Author Topic: Carry your R9 with Carbon Fiber Grips?  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Chihuahua TN

• Denial, after all, is a powerful thing!
Carry your R9 with Carbon Fiber Grips?
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
Today I decided that I would start carrying my early dear park R9s with the correct black CF grips on it (thanks to a wonderful trade with Brenden). I don’t know if the grips contain pixie dust or are inherently better than the G10’s, but the gun feels better! Yes I know it’s all in my mind, but how many of you guys carry consistently your early R9’s with the blue/back carbon fiber grips on them?
Mike

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Carry your R9 with Carbon Fiber Grips?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »
Mike,
   I don't have an early R9 but have early Black CF grips on my pup that I carry regularly. The grips I have came a pup with a ser. # in the 800s.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:58:39 PM »
My carry R9 has the checkered Hogue grips.  I might (hope to) be changing to a CF gun soon for carry though.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:26:15 AM »
My No. 132 came with blue carbon fiber grips but I usually carry it with black cfs, alternating out now and then with OD aluminiums just for the sake of variety. Thank's to Kevin for helping me obtain the material, I'm working on a project involving old (pre ban) ivory . . . .
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"