Author Topic: Colt Pocket Nine  (Read 9140 times)

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: Colt Pocket Nine
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 09:25:51 AM »
Hey Fud, how are you planning to carry the P9? Do you think its to big for rear pocket carry? IWB low maybe,or to thick?
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 09:37:39 AM »
Glad you asked. I'm presently carrying it in a Kramer Confidant Shirt Holster

... it comes with two holsters -- one on each side depending if you are left handed ot right handed or if you want to carry to guns. I carry only one and use the other side for a couple of spare magazines.

It should be noted that this method of carry will not work for the Pocket Nine with a dress shirt but it WILL work for the R9S and a dress shirt because the R9S is much thinner and a bit shorter.

I would like to carry it in a Triple-K Urban Defender Holster #640

... except the Pocket Nine isn't listed. Instead, they list the Colt Mustang and the Colt Pony. Would anybody know which of these two guns the Pocket Nine is closer to in size? I tried contacting Colt to ask them directly but their web page doesn't have any telephone numbers or e-mail address that I was able to see (I might have missed it because the site wouldn't load properly for me).

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 10:00:43 AM »
Is the holster that comes with that Kramer lined in some manner to protect the finish from sweating?  It looks like it's kind of positioned close to the armpit there, and with the warm weather and all . . . ;)

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 10:07:57 AM »
Nope. Which is why I wanna get the pocket holster from triple-K before the weather turns warmer but I'm not sure which model to order.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 12:49:43 PM »
Fud, A friend of mine uses a stomach or waist band with a holster attached. He wears it around his waist under his shirt. The dress or button shirt has the bottom button undone so he can reach in the shirt and draw the pistol. The tie hides the unbuttoned shirt. If he does not wear a tie, most people don't notice anyway or think he missed it. For those folks out there that are a little heavy in the middle it gives some needed support. The gun is positioned just off of center where it is comfortable.     Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 01:36:18 PM »
When I lived in Florida, I use to use this shoulder rig

... and this belly band

... from Action-Direct but that was about 40 pounds ago ::)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 02:17:29 PM »
Fud, Thats it!!!  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus