Author Topic: FrogLube on sale?  (Read 10869 times)

Offline Griff

• Expert
FrogLube on sale?
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »
LAPoliceGear.com has 5ml FrogLube squeeze Packs on "closeout" for $1.00 each.
I ordered 10 of them and shipping added another $7.42.
I didn't compare prices so I don't know if this is a good deal or not.  They listed regular price at $2.00 each.

I have been hopping to try it, and thought some of you might jump at the chance as well. ::)
Of course, 2/3s of pun is p.u.

Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: FrogLube on sale?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »
Good thought, Griff, but that is $17.42 for 50 ml, and 118 ml or 4 oz. can be bought locally for $16.79. I have bought from LAPoliceGear before with satisfaction, but I think this is a bit of clever pricing lowballing off a high price manipulation. In fact, I checked my stock and found a price label of $9.95 on a 4 oz jar of FrogLube paste. Maybe prices have increased since they have been discovered.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:46:28 PM by tracker »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »
I think Tracker has nailed it. I'm glad I bought the product in bulk.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the super-lube, and will report as to it's quality of function.  I haven't found any at the gun shops I frequent, and figured <$20 wasn't a big buying decision.
Thank's Tracker for the astute cost analysis.  If after having tried it, it seems like the cats meow, (or should I say frog's ribbit, toad's stool?) I'll try to find the bigger volume container for the bench, and use these for the range bag.
I'll just pretend that I drove all over town trying to find some and used up a few gallons of gas.  That way I can rationalize the cost, and feel good about how much money I saved from not getting all of the other stuff I would have bought that I didn't know I needed.  Gun shops are dangerous after all, you go in for $4.00 worth of lube, and leave with a shiny new toy.
Ah, that's better. :D
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
After I posted above, I went to the FrogLube website and saw that they sell the 4 .oz tub of paste for $12.00 and the 4 oz. liquid for $19.00.
- C. S. Lewis

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 03:34:03 PM »

Brownells is slightly less expensive at $10.49 for the paste and $16.79 for the liquid in 4 oz.. You're right: none of these prices will be a major setback at the quantity we use them.

bamboobob

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »
Which is best to get liquid, paste, both or either?

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »

Either one is fine but having both I have a tendency to use the liquid for no particular reason.

bamboobob

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 10:58:42 AM »
Hi Tracker

Thanks for reply, I noticed you were here on line

Bob

bamboobob

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
I first thought it was only available locally (but really far away) looked several places(no luck), was going to wait until I was in area of the place that net says carries it.

bamboobob

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »
Bob,
Let us know how you like it.
Griff
- C. S. Lewis

bamboobob

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »
Griff, -   Will do -   Last thing I bought was FP 10 Have not used yet , might give a quick dose.
                        Got with points at Cabelas.  Next big project should be to make room for new furnace.

Any opinions on FP 10???  any one?
                                                                 Bob

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
Bob,
There is a demo/comparo of FP 10 on CheaperThan Dirt.  I think the link below should get to it.
I have some of it, and used it last night on some rifles and shotguns.  I really couldn't say anything pro or con. 
After seeing your post, I watched the video (hopefully) linked below, and it looks impressive.
Griff

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CHQQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiBGK2pJ44ak&ei=-_3aUaayHcHJygHlk4HwCQ&usg=AFQjCNFtn6ViMwL8brqTKZgwmPYNPO77Uw&sig2=fL4dyD_BBYQmFusvGEyhMA&bvm=bv.48705608,d.aWc
- C. S. Lewis

bamboobob

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »
Thanks for info -- Looks good -- when I picked it up I think name brand in similar package did not list synthetic -- so I picked fp 10

PS this link inspired me to get sound on youtube going again(researched then clicked on speaker and turned up - ugh -)

Froglube may be here soon!