Author Topic: Magazine old will not fit new  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Magazine old will not fit new
« on: December 31, 2010, 07:17:55 AM »
I bought a R9S when they first came out serial number 7xx.  I bought a new one this week serial number 5xxx. The old magazine will not fit in the new gun. The new fits in the old gun. I have not test fired the new gun. Are there magazine issues I don't know about?
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Magazine old will not fit new
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »
Jack,
  I have never read anything on here about mag compatibility issue between old and new models, very interested in the answer. I had a #8xx and the mags worked in my #3xxx.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
Not that I know of.  When you say, "doesn't fit" -- what exactly do you mean?
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »
The magazines from my old R9S will not seat. I tried to force them in and it was difficult (#$@$%^&^^&&%) to get them out. Years ago I  read about a magazine issue but can not find it now. The old mags work fine in the old gun but WILL NOT fit in the new one. I ordered a couple of new ones for the new gun. I'll call the company and ask about them. I can never seem to get through.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »
Are you getting the answering machine?  If so, leave a message and Maria will call you back.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »
I'll try to call again Monday. When I ordered the first gun I had to waite almost a year to get it. I got the new one in two days!

It took two years to get my seecamp when they first went into production!!
NRA Life Member

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »
* * * I'll call the company and ask about them. I can never seem to get through.

First of all, welcome to the Forum.

The factory is taking a well-deserved few days off for the holidays. If you left a message for them, the call should be returned very soon. Karl, Eric, Maria, and the rest of Team Rohrbaugh may be few in numbers but they provide superb customer service.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
kj, can you swap the mags between the old pup and the new one ?

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 06:48:09 PM »
Now I only have two early models.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 10:09:47 PM »
Richard...thanks for the welcome. I have been a member since 2008.  I have not had anyhing to post to this point.  Jack
NRA Life Member

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »
Jack:

My radar must have been down the day you joined us in 2008. Anyway, pull up a log to the campfire and get comfortable.  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »
Welcome, Jack. Some of us haven't had anything meaningful to say since 2008, also, but we did anyway. You remind me of a Senator from Maine who said that if he couldn't improve on silence he wouldn't say anything. Well done and Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:32:53 PM by tracker »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 09:31:40 AM »
Agree with Richard, the factory has been closed since Christmas eve.  They always take that time off for the holidays.  They may be swamped on Monday, but they will call you back.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »
I sent them an email. I'll post their reply....Jack
NRA Life Member

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
The old R9S has what some posters refer to as the Farmingdale Slide?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 01:05:00 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member