Author Topic: S 397 Passed The House..  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
S 397 Passed The House..
« on: October 22, 2005, 02:45:52 PM »
Please check out how your Reps voted on this great passage for Gun makers,and gun owners..Let them know about it-either way they voted!!

Its a good site to keep up on some of the Legislative matters too..

http://www.nraila.org/

Brenden

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: S 397 Passed The House..
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 10:02:15 PM »
Brenden,
It was great that bill to protect gun manufactures passed.  I was always worried about the small producers, like Rohrbaugh and Seecamp not being able to survice too many lawsuits.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »
Reviewing that voting list reminds me once again why I joined the NRA and why I became a Republican many years ago!

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 04:01:31 PM »
It's now law!  Kudos to President Bush and to the NRA.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 04:21:12 PM »
My thanks to President Bush and the NRA.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:34:24 PM »
Never any question!! ;) 8)

Bush is the most underestimated President that we have had..

He is not one that checks the poles!!

And he is not afraid to tackle the hard issues..

He is not perfect by no means -but I cannot think of any other recent politico that I would want at this time!!

Thanks for the NRA... ;D ;D 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 08:08:56 PM »
A bit dated...

PRESIDENT BUSH SIGNS
"PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT"
Landmark NRA Victory Now Law

On Wednesday, President George W. Bush signed into law the NRA-backed "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" (S. 397) to end politically motivated lawsuits designed to bankrupt law-abiding American firearm manufacturers and retailers.  S. 397 passed both chambers in Congress with broad bipartisan support.

"This is an historic day for freedom.  I would like to thank President Bush for signing the most significant piece of pro-gun legislation in twenty years into law.  History will show that this law helped save the American firearms industry from collapse under the burden of these ruinous and politically motivated lawsuits," said NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre.

In late July, the U.S. Senate approved the measure 65-31.  Last week, the U.S. House overwhelmingly passed the bill 283-144.  The new law is a monumental victory for NRA and its members.

"What we witness today is the culmination of a seven-year effort that included a comprehensive legislative and election strategy," stated NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.  "We had to work hard to change the political landscape to allow for passage of this landmark legislation.  As always, our members were up to the task.  It was key electoral victories in 2000, 2002 and 2004 that helped pave the way for passage of this law.

"The Bush administration was a vital ally during debate on Capitol Hill.  I would also like to thank Senators Larry Craig (R-Idaho) and Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and Congressmen Rick Boucher (D-Va.) and Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) for doing a yeoman's job as lead co-sponsors of this legislation.  In addition, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.), Senate Majority Whip Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), and Senate Republican Conference Chairman Rick Santorum (R-Penn.) ought to be commended for their steadfast leadership during Senate deliberations," added Cox.

In recent years, 33 states have passed similar legislation outlawing reckless lawsuits intended to bankrupt the gun industry.  However, this new law creates judicial uniformity in all courts across the United States.

"This law will help preserve the American firearms industry and also help preserve American manufacturing jobs.  American companies will cease to make products if they continue to be sued every time a violent criminal they do not know, have never met, and cannot control, misuses a legal, non-defective product.  This is a significant step toward saving millions of manufacturing jobs," concluded LaPierre.

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 09:24:42 PM »
Not to be unnoticed is the defeat of the anti-gun bill vote
in Brazil. It was quite far reaching because the international
gun lobby had poured millions into support. They intended
to use that as a springboard to the US of A but they had
it stuck up their muzzle.