Author Topic: Think I stepped in it —-  (Read 3059 times)

Offline JoeGagmo

Think I stepped in it —-
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
Hi all,
  Yup I’m a newbie, and I’ve read so much on this site that I must have missed what I’m looking for. 
I picked up a completely all black Rohrbaugh in a private sale a while ago from a gent in Nashville.  Checked it out, looked unfired to me, (Yes, I drop the pins and look at rails and insides before I say ye$ - I’m a bit OCD when it comes to my guns, as I carried guns for 25 years as a LEO).   

Long story short, when I got home I went over every mm of this Rohrbaugh, and indeed its never been fired, and everything inside and out is black, less the mags.  There are no special markings on it, so is this just an R9 Stealth, or something else ?    Thanks for any help you can offer !!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:46:46 PM by JoeGagmo »

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Think I stepped in it —-
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:20:47 PM »
A pic would help but could be special forces with the wrong mag.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 09:30:57 PM »
That's what I'm thinking:  Special Forces model

Photographs will solidify it.   ;-)

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:43:51 PM »
Need photos.  Could also be Covert or one of those Special Ops that Aregos had Wilson coated.

Offline JoeGagmo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »
Ok, as I stated earlier, I’m a ‘newbie’ - this site won’t allow me to post pics from my iPhone or iPad,
Any ideas ?  (No standard Computer here right now, windows 9 loaded itself into our laptop and it hasn’t worked correctly in months now, and honestly the iPad has been doing the job - until now) !

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 01:41:04 PM »
It would be really cool if we could get the records from Remington and place them into some kind of archive.  Then we would know how the serial number was configured out of the factory.  I'm willing to volunteer my time. 

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »
this site won’t allow me to post pics from my iPhone or iPad,
Any ideas ? 

Do you not have the "Attachments and other options" tab under the text box when composing a reply on your Ipad?

Click on that and then click "Choose File", click "Photo Library", and pic your photo.  If it's too big of a file, it won't accept it.  You have to then take a lower resolution pic and try again.  Phil

Offline JoeGagmo

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 02:00:05 PM »
Yes, I did everything correctly, the response I’m getting is that I must use: .gif, doc, zip, pdf, etc., and I thought iPads used .gif for their photos.   So I’m thinking maybe the photo could be too large ?   Going to wait for my ‘ brainiac son’ to get home from work - it’ll take him 10seconds, most likely !

Offline JoeGagmo

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »
It would be really cool if we could get the records from Remington and place them into some kind of archive.  Then we would know how the serial number was configured out of the factory.  I'm willing to volunteer my time.

PhilZ - I’d be more than happy to help out with that task.  But what are the chances that Remington would part with even serial numbers ?    Believe it or not, the Beretta Factory has been extremely helpful, courteous, and giving to our Beretta forum on info, SN’s, etc.  I don’t believe they’ve said no to very much.  (Except certain records, because they didn’t computerize until the late 90’s, so a lot of things pre-1990 was all paper records in boxes and required too much manpower to research). 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »
Hey Joe,

You may have to reduce the size of your photos to be able to post them here on the forum. I know I had to do that.

I use "Fotosizer" at 20%. Works like a dream. Reduce the size of an entire folder with almost one click!

Do a Google search to find it and then just download it and do your thing.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.