Author Topic: Snow,snow,and more snow.  (Read 4895 times)

Offline johnny

• Master
Re: Snow,snow,and more snow.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »
  Well,the mid 50's tomorrow and Sunday.I will keep working on moving the snow away from the foundation of the house.It's still about two and a half feet deep,but by Monday we should be in good enough shape to drive down to Green Bay,pick up our rental car and head down to Alabama hopefully Tuesday and visit the south a bit where neither of us have ever been.
       I don't care how humid it is.I have never been so tired of snow like this last one and I have lived in Norther Wisconsin for the last 40 years,coming from Southern Wisconsin. 

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 03:53:46 PM »
North of Green Bay is definitely out of the Sun Belt. You will enjoy Alabama. If you are on the coast I recommend a swing through Fairhope, a beautiful small town with a lot of class and good restaurants.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:58:26 PM by tracker »

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 05:05:55 PM »
I just looked at the map. Fairhope looks like it could be a nice town to visit.My wife has a ticket for, To Kill A Mockingbird, in Monroeville a week from this Saturday.It looks like it isn't a whole long ways from there.
       I'm looking forward to getting for the first time in my life,fresh sea food,except when I was in Japan for a week of R&R.And that was a street vendor,and we were probably too drunk to taste it.I think it was squid.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 05:41:08 PM »
Monroeville isn't far at all. Point Clear, just outside of Fairhope, is also a beautiful spot to visit. There is a rather expensive Marriott there but you can sit on their deck with a water view and have drinks and dinner without staying there. Many years ago it was called the Grand Hotel before Marriott established a beachhead there.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2018, 06:26:25 AM »
     Thanks again Tracker for the info.