Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Range Reports

Failure to fire

(1/6) > >>

alligosh:
So I bought my Rohrbaugh R9S today.  Very nice gun.

I took it into the range.  Very Excited.

I shot 50 rounds of Remington UMC through it, and by the end of it I was flinching at every shot because every third shot didn't fire (at all).  I would try a second pull of the trigger, and still nothing.  So I eject it and go on to the next, which may or may not fire.  The non-fired rounds had a small, but very light, mark where the firing pin hit them, but were obviously not fired.  I put them in my Glock, and every one of them fired fine.

The guys at the range tell me that the UMC is a very hard primer, so I shot 50 rounds of reloads they had, and most of them fired.  They keyholed very badly, but they fired.

Then I put 20 rounds of PMC Starfire HP through it, and every single one fired without a problem.

Question is: Is this normal?

Should I only ever put the $1 per round ammo through this gun?  Or is something wrong with it, and I should send it back to Rohrbaugh to have them adjust it?

-Steve

theirishguard:
I would try shooting either Speer Gold Dot, Winchester silver tip or Federal ammo all 115 or 124 gr hollow points. Tom

tracker:
All of what Tom said plus you might try Winchester White Box
at the range to keep down costs. I much prefer it over the
Remington, which I do not use any more.

DTM_39:
I believe what Tom and Tracker said about sums it up. Feed your R-9 quality ammo and it will serve you well.   Dan

eddie_c-clamp:
Steve- I had a similiar experience today at my qualifacation course of fire. Out of 50 mixed brand 9mm's I had about 7 failure to fire. All had light strikes on the primer that looked like half moons. This got me a bit worried since I shot 150 rds of 115 grain speer non-HP thru it two days ago.

I'm gonna stick w/gold dots from now on.........But should I be worried about these light firing pin strikes????

Does ammo make a difference on primer strikes???

Gents please chime in here....I'm getting paranoid :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version