Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Range Reports

R9 Covert is back in action!

<< < (2/2)

tattoo:
That hammer strut pin had my dad and myself cussing 🤬

tattoo:
Ps we modified a punch to make it possible. lol

backupr9:
I actually tried to remove it from left to right, but either the pin punch was marginally too large, or I was afraid to take a good whack at it.  Will try again later.  Thanks all!  I am so glad to get the Pup back in my pocket.  I really enjoy the P365 and will carry it, but IMO there is still absolutely nothing like an R9 for comfort, fit, size and power.

ECR:
John. . . . . . Just hit the dammed thing will ya!? . . . . lol. . . . . That pin will come out. . . . . just remember:  From left to right.

If you look at the hammer assy, you can see the hole on the left is smaller than on the right.

If it doesn't come out, yes, a bigger hammer should work. It always worked at the shop.  lol

Eric R.

backupr9:
$#&!...Went to the range yesterday...first shot from the Covert at 7 yards in the X, but no second shot...dang trigger just moving around freely.  Took the grip off when I got home and the trigger bar and spring were in proper position and the trigger was again engaging the hammer...bent the spring a bit more, dry fire with a snap cap X 50 without problem.  Back to the range today with proper tools for field maintenance if necessary. 

Will also take the spare R9 and a Kimber Ultra CDPII.  The Sig P365 is now my EDC (until the R9 is rehabilitated) and has 450 flawless rounds through it.  I do like that Sig!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version