Author Topic: R9 TIE PIN thing  (Read 5843 times)

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
R9 TIE PIN thing
« on: November 19, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »
Several months back, there was an auction for a Tie Pin shaped like a PUP. I won the thing obviously and at the time thought I might use it occasionally. However, upon doing some cleaning up in the weapage drawer I ran across it and thought, ya know, somebody might actually wear this thing. Being my normal modes of attire rum from tactical gear to the preverbial (and official Florida uniform being) t-shirt, shorts and flip flops, I just don't see me wearing this thing. SO here it is up for grabs.

I would like to get what I paid for it obviously but a best offer will also suffice. For the life of me, I tried searching using keywords to find the original thread to no avail. Maybe Rich can find it, he's pretty good at that stuff here. I think I paid just over 150 for it but don't remember.

In short, its the sterling silver pin modeled after the R9 and has a letter of "first run" authenticity from one of the brothers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:00:23 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

ccoorreeyy

Re: R9 TIE PIN thing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 03:13:59 PM »

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »
That be the one!...Tks Corey

The pin in question is the first one or more descriptively, the two tone one on the left in the second picture.

I'd go 150 on it just to get it to someone who can enjoy it.

PP fine on this for ease of transaction.

Tks
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
I just tuned in on a break from working on a brief here at Critter Creek and saw this thread. Here is a link which contains a photograph of the pin/tie tack which Ed made for me:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1271942315;start=8#8

These little jewels are unique. If you don't wear coat and tie very often, they add a touch of je ne se qua to the pocket flap of a BDU shirt.   8)

"If ya got it, flaunt it." (Joe Namath)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:06:15 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »
Being silver and on BDUs ACUs or whatever....someone might salute me and get me shot...or...just aim and shoot at it with one of those bloody Dragunovs ;D

Your pin looks nice Richard, this one is almost identical but the serial on mine reads 101....hehehe   (I.E. "first pin)

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
OK...nobody wants this thing?

Make your offers on it....!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 05:50:06 PM »
Now let's see......... ;)  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
After careful consideration, I will have to leave it for someone else. I would probably never wear it.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »
I don't wear ties!  or pins attached to shirts or coats; however, that's a good idea!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 06:04:20 PM »
Seems like you guys dress like I do....

Maybe I can pin it on one of my flipflops...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 06:05:18 PM by P7Enigma »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »
Enigma:

If you don't get a better offer for that beautiful silver R9 pin in the near future, I'll take it for whatever you paid for it. Just give me a PM.

I, for one, wear: Propper or Voodoo Tactical BDUs; Carhart work gear; Wrangler jeans; Cabelas hunting gear; John Daniel tuxedoes, business suits, silk ties, sport coats, and slacks;  English riding togs; SCUBA wet suits; or whatever the Hell else might be appropriate to the situation -- but I always add a bit of "bling" (gold, silver, ivory, lapis, whatever) just for show.

I know, of course, that you often need to cover up the "bling." (I first learned that lesson innocently enough as a very young man when a baraccuda struck at a gold pendant dangling from my neck 90' down in the Tongue of the Ocean off Andros Island. Years later in 1993, ignoring the lesson learned off Andros, I lost a gold Rolex Submariner to "superior armed force" during some unpleasantness in an African military coup.) However, as far as I have been able to ascertain, I am passing this way only once. I still like a little "bling."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:26:22 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »
P7.  There ya go and Richard; good for you; excellent offer.

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
Enigma:

If you don't get an offer for that pin in the next few days, I'll take it for whatever you paid for it. Just give me a PM. I wear ties,  

Paid 180 as per Coreys investigation...YOU sir, can pay whatever you like... ;D

P.S. Tried wearing ties once but everyone still kept staring at my flipflops

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 06:59:28 PM »
Seems like you guys dress like I do....

Maybe I can pin it on one of my flipflops...

No flipflops but I have a couple of pair of leather top Crocs. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson