Author Topic: Question On Rohrbaugh's 037 Paddle Holster  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
Question On Rohrbaugh's 037 Paddle Holster
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
I've looked through all the back pages of this Rohrbaugh Accessories section and didn't see any discussion about this holster.  So, forgive me if I missed anything.  Here's my question.

Do any of you have this holster?  I would enjoy hearing your comments, both positive and negative on it.  

Does the "paddle" secure the holster well and tightly against the body?  Is it a fairly compact holster or is it kind of "bulky"?

I'm told that there is some adjustment available to "tilt" the holster forward.  But can one also adjust it to "tilt" the handle backwards?  If it can be tilted "handle backward", approximately how much "backward tilt" is available?  As much as 45 degrees?

I know that's a lot of questions.  If any of you can provide any or all the answers let me say now, thank you in advance.  It's appreciated.  What I would like to achieve is a cross draw while driving using this holster.

Or, maybe you have alternate suggestions.

Oh, BTW, I also looked at the new Rohrbaugh website but the "Store" section is not yet up and running so I could not get my questions answered there.

Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
uiet
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
Quiet1:

While I carry my R9 exclusively in the pocket, I have an adjustable K&D Paddle Defender holster for my HKP7. I'll therefore presume to add my comments regarding the design of such a holster. In the order of your questions:

1. The paddle does secure the holster well and tightly against the body. It is more bulky than an IWB rig, but for me it is a lot more comfortable.

2. My K&D rig has a set of screws which allow the holster to be configured in a stong-side (I am right handed) "FBI forward cant," in a stong-side vertical position, or in the opposite cant for use as a weak-side cross-draw rig. In fact, I wanted the adjustable paddle primarily for use as a cross-draw rig for long trips in an automobile.

Here is a photograph of my K&D Paddle Defender with the P7 in the vertical configuration:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
Re: Question On Rohrbaugh's 037 Paddle Holster
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »
Richard,

Thank you.  Your response is helpful and appreciated.

If anyone else can address the Rohrbaugh 037 paddle specifically and confirm that it has this same "adjustability" as your Paddle Defender model I would like to hear from them too.

Oh, and BTW, What a superb pistol, Wow!  And holster, and the picture is beautiful.  A work of art!  Thanks for your reply.

Regards, Quiet1
Illegitimus Non Carborundum