Author Topic: Alessi APX  (Read 7382 times)

Offline ehb86

Alessi APX
« on: June 26, 2010, 12:36:34 PM »
I know a lot of people are interested in different carry methods, so I thought I'd post a photo of my recently received Alessi APX for my R9.

I've used an APX in the past for my J-frame and really like it. It's even better with the R9 because of the flat shape. When I don't want to pocket carry I carry in the APX on the strong side with the holster loop just under or to the right of my belt buckle, which then pretty much hides the loop.

Normally I have the pistol grip above my belt line and either tuck my shirt over it, or kind of blouse a piece over it. It really disappears. You can also push the grip down and it will slip under the belt and be totally hidden, it's very comfortable to sit with it that way. You just boost it back up to draw, it's a little slower obviously but you just sort of reach part way into your pocket and flip it back up and draw. It's pretty quick if you practice and the gun is literally invisible. Anyway, here's a photo of the Alessi and my current pocket holster, a recently identified (to me) Graham, both great options.

Offline kanuist

• Expert
Re: Alessi APX
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
ehb86,  That is a nice looking holster.  I never thought of toting a gun in front like that.  
Join the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 03:39:32 PM »
ebh.  Good lookin' holsters and R9's.  Love those blues!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:55:41 AM »
Fine looking pair of holsters. Don't get that Graham holster scuffed up. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ehb86

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
I like the blue grips to, and John, I've been keeping the Graham well protected, in my pocket most all the time.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
Hey ehb.  If you ever want to sell those blues, PM Corey 1st, if he doesn't want them, then Brenden, then ME!  I doubt we'll ever see those words though.    ;D  Continue to enjoy.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »
thats funny, I already asked him....  ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »
That is funny!    ;D  I shoulda' known!    ;D

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:20 PM »
    ehb, who is making the Alessi holsters now? I understand that Lou passed away a couple years ago. Just wondered if a family member or who is running the shop now. It's none of my business, so naturally I'm really interested. I have an Alessi that's about 30 years old for my Seecamps. Paid 25 bucks for it and worth every cent.     Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 10:52:50 PM »

Here you go; all trained by one of the best.

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 10:11:37 AM »
Here you go; all trained by one of the best.

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/

Lou Alessi was indeed one of the best.

This thread reminds me that I used to carry my former EDC pocket pistol, a Colt Mustang (post-PPK and pre-G380, the latter being pre-R9) in one of Lou's holsters. Two weeks ago, I had pulled the rig out of the back of the safe, cleaned it up, and put it through its paces at the range just for old times sake. It performed like the champ I remembered. Then a friend new to the CCW concept and trying to decide what pistol to use (I'm lobbying for the R9, of course) used it to qualify for the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit.

The Mustang is now again cleaned and back in my safe along with Lou's pocket holster. Good things just seem to last. Here it is with the Alessi just before being re-retired last week to "safe queen" status:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:17:59 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 11:21:45 AM »
Richard.  Very nice Colt Mustang and Alessi hoslter.  I'm surprised you could find it in that big ole safe.  Just kidding, of course.    ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
Richard.  Very nice Colt Mustang and Alessi hoslter.  I'm surprised you could find it in that big ole safe.  Just kidding, of course.    ;D

Once past the laser-beam alarm system in the outer lounge, you can find it in vault 4, aisle 3, lockbox 43-251.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
I knew you had a plan.  You would have to.  Just don't forget which aisle.     ;)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »

Once past the laser-beam alarm system in the outer lounge, you can find it in vault 4, aisle 3, lockbox 43-251.   ;)

Nice system!  Mine is similar to yours.  I use foot trunks, shoe boxes and paper sacks.