Author Topic: Renewed CPL today  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Renewed CPL today
« on: October 12, 2005, 11:35:22 AM »
I renewed my Concealed Pistol License today.  In Michigan, we call it CCW.

The good news is Michigan has extended the license period from three years to five years.

The whole process was fast and the people involved were very  courteous.   Sometimes, the government gets it right.

I hope your experience was as pleasant as mine.

Bill

« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:39:22 AM by Michigunner »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Renewed CPL today
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 02:09:15 PM »
In Tennessee, the renewal period is four years.  I renewed mine this year and was able to do it by mail.  That's what I call convenient!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 03:11:37 PM »
You are fortunate, Richard.  Mail is the way to go.

We have to get fingerprinted each time.   :-[

I forgot to tell you how nice that shotgun is.  I also had a 1300 pump, but mine was not for marine use.

I'm reading more and more that many police departments and others are using the reduced-recoil 12 gauge shells.  I ordered a couple of boxes, but traded the unused shotgun and other stuff for a new Glock 36 (.45 Auto).

I was kind of irked because the stock on mine was not perfectly aligned with the shotgun.  They must have missed it during inspection.  Just a cosmetic flaw, of course.

Bill  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 03:38:02 PM »
Thanks, Bill.  That modified 1300 is downright "comforting" to have around during the dead of night.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 10:55:43 PM »
Way to go Bill :)

Despite what folks say about the less than gun friendly North East - PA is pretty good - my permit is for 5 years - was originally $19 + $1.50 for reduction and lamination.  Tho you'd laugh if you saw it because it has a repro of my old DL photo and that once reduced basically shows that I wear glasses ;D ;D

My wife got hers last January and now it is a DL type card with photo and $25 - not bad.

My original took 20 minutes - hers about the same :)

Shall issue and a good County Sheriff's Office is rather nice!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 10:57:35 PM »
What would the benefits be of a reduced recoil 12 ga?  It's easy enough to handle while shooting birds?

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 11:17:48 PM »
Aglifter,

The articles I read were saying the 12 guage had heavy recoil which made some police officers reluctant to practice.  They did not look forward to using the weapon in training.

The writers were advocating the reduced-recoil shells for both training and actual service use.

I apologize for not remembering the sources.

Bill

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 01:38:44 AM »
OK. just curious.  I guess it is a bit much if there using a pistol grip -- I know I don't practice w. mine much
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 08:17:09 AM »
Yep, when firing 3" shells using the pistol grip, it helps to brace yourself a bit.  Otherwise, you might find yourself "executing a retrograde movement" each time you fire.    ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 10:00:39 PM »
Way to go Bill :)

Despite what folks say about the less than gun friendly North East - PA is pretty good - my permit is for 5 years - was originally $19 + $1.50 for reduction and lamination.  Tho you'd laugh if you saw it because it has a repro of my old DL photo and that once reduced basically shows that I wear glasses ;D ;D

My wife got hers last January and now it is a DL type card with photo and $25 - not bad.

My original took 20 minutes - hers about the same :)

Shall issue and a good County Sheriff's Office is rather nice!

Chris,

Bit longer and more $ in MI.. ;)

Over 100.00 for the CPL,of course does not count the required course before..Maybe another 100.00-150.00..

It is better than what we had for sure! ;D A hodgepodge of counties granting-or not granting,licenses to favorites and "connected" politicos and celebs!!

Shall issue is the way to go!! 8)

Brenden

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe