Author Topic: To be updated: the R9 2000 round test thread  (Read 29103 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: To be updated: the R9 2000 round test thread
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2017, 11:40:12 PM »
 Agreed
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »
I have sold over 400 guns on G-broker. When shipping in a small box I would NOT list the addressee as " Williams Gun Sight" or similar. I ALWAYS Shipped with something like "Williams G.S.. Company"

More with UPS or Fed Ex, but even with USPS  things in small boxes with gun addresses seem to get 'side tracked' more often.

kevinqjhps

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:56:31 PM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2017, 11:29:08 PM »
I have sole over 400 guns on G-broker. When shipping in a small box I would NOT list the addressee as " Williams Gun Sight" or similar. I ALWAYS Shipped with something like "Williams G.S.. Company"

More with UPS or Fed Ex, but even with USPS  things in small boxes with gun addresses seem to get 'side tracked' more often.

kevinqjhps

My local UPS store will not accept anything firearm related, at all.  Even optics are on their list of stuff they will not handle.  Had to take my EOTech sight to USPS for them to ship back.

However I have shipped 'car parts', 'radio equipment' and 'machine tool parts' from that location without too much trouble :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2017, 12:00:47 AM »
That is a change in policy from UPS; they used to ship overnight without a problem.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2017, 07:30:13 AM »
I have sole over 400 guns on G-broker. When shipping in a small box I would NOT list the addressee as " Williams Gun Sight" or similar. I ALWAYS Shipped with something like "Williams G.S.. Company"

kevinqjhps

My local UPS store will not accept anything firearm related, at all.  Even optics are on their list of stuff they will not handle.  Had to take my EOTech sight to USPS for them to ship back.

However I have shipped 'car parts', 'radio equipment' and 'machine tool parts' from that location without too much trouble :)

UPS proper takes firearms.  The UPS Store is a private run enterprise and can't meet the protocol that UPS requires.

I recently shipped a rifle insured for $8000.  The Clerk at UPS put a piece of red tape on the box and I asked what that was for.  She said that reminds me to take it to my Supervisor's office so she can move it on in the system.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »
Yeah I know. I've used the hub to ship firearms all over the US, but it's a 45 minute drive to get to it.

However the leftists at my local store are a weird bunch and I have to use a bit of deception if I want to ship from them. 

Problem is they are cheap and convenient so I've learned my lesson about telling them what is actually in the box.