Author Topic: This is the study I've been waiting for...Alcohol and health...O:)  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: This is the study I've been waiting for...Alcohol and health...O:)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »
Probably better to not be armed after/during "moderate drinking" (apparently defined as 4 drinks for men)....for several reasons!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »

Being armed outside of one's home while drinking can be very unhealthy for a lot of reasons.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
Probably better to not be armed after/during "moderate drinking" (apparently defined as 4 drinks for men)....for several reasons!

For us red necks in Ohio the guns are put up and it's always hand to hand interaction....just for fun.. ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:47:19 PM »
"•A study in France found moderate drinkers to have a 75% lower risk for Alzheimer's Disease and an 80% lower risk for senile dementia.109"

That's the best news I've heard coming out of France in a long time! Santé!   8)

As for being found to be handling a gun while being legally "intoxicated" -- in Tennessee it can mean, depending on the circumstances and resulting events, loss of carry permit, fines, court costs, jail time, and a general lowering of one's "quality of life." 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:18:00 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »
"•A study in France found moderate drinkers to have a 75% lower risk for Alzheimer's Disease and an 80% lower risk for senile dementia.109"

That's the best news I've heard coming out of France in a long time! Santé!   8)

As for being found to be handling a gun while being legally "intoxicated" -- in Tennessee it can mean, depending on the circumstances and resulting events, loss of carry permit, fines, court costs, jail time, and a general lowering of one's "quality of life."

OK Richard, but what's the downside?   ;)
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis