Author Topic: Farmingdale for sale on Gunbroker.  (Read 5068 times)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Farmingdale for sale on Gunbroker.
« on: November 19, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
FYI, Gunbroker has a few Rohrbaugh pistols for sale and one is a Farmingdale gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/599916640

Right now it is at $610.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Farmingdale for sale on Gunbroker.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 05:47:37 PM »
Interesting. . . . Merrick is just one county away from us here on Long Island. I wonder who is selling that one? It does have the correct carbon fiber grips set on it though!  ;-)

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline CA3187

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »
According to the seller the serial number on the Farmingdale is:

1-lisc-bde

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 09:30:41 PM »
Long Island Shooting Center?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 10:45:02 PM »
That is correct. We made that a special serial number for one of the two owners. There is another R9 out there with a similar serial number also. That is definitely from one of the owners of The Long Island Shooting Center in Islip, New York. That is just miles from my home.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 10:35:52 PM »
I have relatives on the Island.  Probably right in your back yard.

Around when do you think this gun was produced?  Since it doesn't have a conventional serial number its a little more challenging for some like me to place...

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »
I think someone got a pretty good deal for $800.

Anyone here get it???

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
I'm suprised the seller's other R9 didn't go for more.  It was all silver with Hogue grips and polished hammer and extractor. It also had the LISC serial number.  $805

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 08:13:23 PM »
Those two R9s were relatively early units. . . . . Somewhere around late 2,000s to mid 3,500s or so. I'd guess around 2006-07.

Eric R.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 01:15:30 PM »
How to tell if it's a Robar?  Is it marked somewhere?  It's all silver with hogue grips and polished hammer, trigger, extractor and grip screws. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »
That was just a regular R9. Robar/Rohrbaugh R9s did not come out until a few years after this one. No markings on the R/R labeling it as such. . . . . Just the NP3 coated frame and slide and some internal parts to help smooth things out internally and the jewler polished pieces externally for the look. The R/R had some of the best triggers we ever produced due to the NP3 coating on the frame and main spring plunger. That smoothed every out quite nicely in fact. I also polished the sear bar surfaces. . . . that was key on the R/R.

Eric R.