Author Topic: Alternate  (Read 7346 times)

Offline Griff

• Expert
Alternate
« on: December 22, 2016, 08:05:30 PM »
If you didn't have a Rohrbaugh, what would be your next choice for pocket carry?
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Alternate
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:23:23 PM »
I love carrying a Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth with Cherry VZ Grips...My favorite combination. I also carry a Kimber Micro 9. The accuracy is incredible and the recoil is minor. After buying the Kimber Micro 9, shooting it & carrying it, I felt that the only downfall was the stock sights. They were not an aid to these 62 yo eyes. I sold it to a friend, then purchased the Kimber Micro 9 Raptor (15.6 ozs.)..a fancier version with very aggressive grips & night sights. Just what my eyes needed! I love my R9, but I also love this new Raptor.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:28:22 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:47:42 PM »
I carry an HK P7 as my primary weapon and my Rohrbaugh is my back up

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 11:44:55 PM »
I'm in Michigan near Detroit, so my coat pocket gun is a S&W 340pd this time of year.  Pumping gas at five in the morning, my hand is on my J frame in my coat pocket.  First round is through the coat, then draw.  Glock 23 IWB or Pup left or right pants pocket in Hedley is my secondary. 

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 10:58:47 AM »
My primary is either the Pup or a Seecamp .32 depending on clothing here in Florida.  I have a Kimber Solo that is very nice, but have shot it rarely...that would likely be an alternate for the Pup.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 01:30:39 AM »
I'd have to alternate between the Kahr CM9 and the Remington RM380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »

Ruger LC9S-Pro.

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »
I bought a Diamondback DB9 this last summer. I tried it with every type of ammo I could come up with, and couldn't get it to feed reliably.  I have well exceeded the the cost of the gun in ammo-experimentation.
It has now gone back to visit it's maker, and hopefully will run better when they do whatever they do.
I like the gun, and will report in as to any progress apon it's return.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 11:23:08 PM »
Glock 43

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 04:49:11 PM »
Kahr PM9

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
Kimber Solo front pocket

Once in a while a SA XDs 45 IWB

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 06:31:19 PM »
   Oh boy ,I hate to say this but I switch between my 1911 Comander,Ruger LCR9,and my Glock 43.
         Now, I shoot all 3 every week and dry fire the Glock 43 and the 1911 almost everyday.
   Interesting,I have noticed it is getting harder to release the mag with my right hand on the 1911.The release is not as close as the Glock and I did some damage to my right arm hunting in Canada a year and a half ago.I tore a muscle or something inside my arm.Surgery went fine,I guess.My strength in that arm has never come back.Sooo,I am beginning to think it will probably be my Glock that will be carried the most.Which I am okay with.
        But comfort,I have said this 100 times,nothing carries like the R9.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 05:23:46 PM »
I'm in Michigan near Detroit, so my coat pocket gun is a S&W 340pd this time of year.  Pumping gas at five in the morning, my hand is on my J frame in my coat pocket.  First round is through the coat, then draw.  Glock 23 IWB or Pup left or right pants pocket in Hedley is my secondary.
Im in and out of Detroit also..funny that my second setup is 340mp stoked with .357 Gold Dots. Its real comforting pumping gas or in line at the stop and rob having a hand on the revolver in a coat pocket. R9 rides in a Del Fatti pocket holster.  ;)

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 09:51:47 AM »
Northern Michigan. Rohrbaugh, Seecamp .380, Glock 43.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »
I've got a 43 as well, and like it a lot. It shoots full size, and carries. Semi-compact.
Have been thinking about adding a Seecamp 380. How do you like it?
- C. S. Lewis