Author Topic: R9 carry or collect?  (Read 8586 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
R9 carry or collect?
« on: March 10, 2017, 03:34:02 PM »
Do you carry your R9 or was it purchased vas a collector? It is my daily pocket carry gun. A Blackhawk #2 holster is a PERFECT fit for right or left handed draw. Very thin nylon, and on Amazon $11-$12

I do not carry a spare mag. As Colonel Cooper said " a handgun is what you use to fight your way back to your rifle."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:35:53 PM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: R9 carry or collect?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:38:25 PM »
My first R9 in 2005 was for EDC and I have bought one or two more just to stare at.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
My first R9 in 2005 was for EDC and I have bought one or two more just to stare at.

LOLOLOLO. I do the same with mine ALL the time ;D. It is SOOOOOOO sleek, and lethal.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »
Carry carry and carry

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »
I have quite a few Rohrbaughs and I have not carried one for 5 or 6 years.

I carry what I shoot the best and that has been a Kimber Solo in pocket or a XDs-45 IWB.

I am not able to get 7 shots off with the accuracy and speed with the R9 that I can with the Solo.  I start to lose my grip.  Could be arthritis.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:41:41 PM by MRC »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 05:03:50 PM »
I have quite a few Rohrbaughs and I have not carried one for 5 or 6 years.

I carry what I shoot the best and that has been a Kimber Solo in pocket or a XDs-45 IWB.

I am not able to get 7 shots off with the accuracy and speed with the R9 that I can with the Solo.  I start to lose my grip.  Could be arthritis.

I also have 'Arthur' pretty bad. I can get 3-4 very accurate shots off, after that they fall off.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 01:26:12 PM »
For ankle carry I just got a Bulldog with adjustable velcro strap. Fits both my .25 Astra and my R9.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 01:22:44 AM »
I carry and like to fondle the Pups in the kennel also!! 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 03:52:10 PM »
I used to cary a two tone till I got my Elite. That is now my carry gun. Pretty? Yes! But if I want to look at something nice I will buy more art.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 08:47:02 AM »
My Covert is carry daily.  Spare in the safe if needed, fired occasionally.  I don't own safe queens nor do I have a car in a garage to be polished weekly but never driven....just seems a waste to me.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 09:51:22 AM »
It is my backup daily carry. An HK P7 is my main daily carry weapon

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 10:04:47 AM »
I love Rohrbaughs. Subtle elegance, beautiful guns. Always in my safe.  But I am a terrible shot with it...and I mean terrible. The lighter the gun, the worse shot I am. It has always been like that with me. I carry a Kimber Micro Raptor 9mm or a Wilson Combat ULC .45. With the Kimber, I can hit a fly @20'. With the Wilson Combat, I can hit a fly's wing @ 20'. My favorite gun to shoot is a Colt Anaconda PDT ( Ported ). With that .44 Magnum I am dead on anywhere. Give me a .22 & I can't hit the target. And yes, I also have a garage queen. I don't wax it though...the detailer does. I enjoy looking at it, driving it, but not cleaning it. That's just me.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »
I carry mine weekly, depending on where I am going and how I am dressed I switch between the R9 and the LCS9Pro. I don't have any guns I am afraid to fire, but do have one safe queen that was a gift from my dad.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 03:48:36 PM »
Carga, if you are driving it is not a garage queen but rather a well cared for and beautiful prized ride.  I do take it back, I do have one safe queen, my great grand uncle's Savage 99 SRC in .303 Savage from 1902...fired once when I got it, cleaned and put safely away to be passed on.  My other Savages are shooters.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 05:08:39 PM »
Well once again I am odd man out. I shoot EVERYTHING I have ever owned, when I sell I want to guarantee to the buyer it works. As to cars I used to restore, and collect old British sports cars, MG's, TR3's, Austin Healeys and at one time I had 3 Jensen Healeys. The JHPS in my name is for Jensen Healey Preservation Society. Anyway I restored it to such a degree that it is still featured on Autoweek with my red one and me driving. Sold it to a guy that just had to have a car that was on TV and was willing to get serious with cash.

In spite of it's 100% condition it still is a CAR and CARS should be driven. The most decay/damage comes from a car that sits. Tires get flat spots,fuel goes stagnant and rusts the tank, lines, and fuel delivery system, intake and head gaskets dry out, and if it has drum rear breaks the wheel cylinders will freeze up.

Drive them. Not every day but weekly and take it out on the highway to let it run.  ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident