Author Topic: R9 carry or collect?  (Read 8569 times)

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: R9 carry or collect?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 07:34:29 PM »
Let the big dog eat!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 08:34:20 PM »
Kevin, we had similar interests...had two identical big Healeys at one time with one set of license plates and drove whichever one I had working at the time.  Several E-type's and an Xk150S roadster that I sold, to my great regret.  It is now the best in shows of its type in the Southeast.  Polished them a lot, but drove them all.  At age 73 am now into cars that I don't have to spend too much time under them rather than driving them!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 10:08:41 AM »
Kevin, we had similar interests...had two identical big Healeys at one time with one set of license plates and drove whichever one I had working at the time.  Several E-type's and an Xk150S roadster that I sold, to my great regret.  It is now the best in shows of its type in the Southeast.  Polished them a lot, but drove them all.  At age 73 am now into cars that I don't have to spend too much time under them rather than driving them!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SO true! For every hour you drive a old British car you spend 1 hour under the hood, or under the dash. I am now pushing 70 so I had to give the driving toys up, too hard to spend time under the dish. BUT when they ran, man there was no feeling like it. You couldn't help but smile and people had to wave.

The Jensen Healey's had THREE fuses in the fuse box. How simple is that? It had a Lotus 904 engine, Triumph Hullman rear end, and many MGB interior parts, typical British logic. Why reinvent the wheel? It finished 1-4 in the 1973 and 1974 SCCA National Championships and was banned in 1975 as having a unfair advantage.

Fond memories indeed. ;D ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline Rich3006

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 06:34:54 AM »
I carry my R9 everyday.  When Rohrbaugh closed down, I bought a second R9 to have in case anything ever happened to my first R9.  Even if I can carry something bigger, I still carry my R9 as a backup. 

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »
I carry my R9 everyday.  When Rohrbaugh closed down, I bought a second R9 to have in case anything ever happened to my first R9.  Even if I can carry something bigger, I still carry my R9 as a backup.

I just bought my third. Two are promised to family members, the third will be loaded, with 2 extra mags , in my coffin with me when I am buried..........hey! Never know where you will end up, and I may need it. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one