Author Topic: Rohrbaugh r9 stealth? GunBroker  (Read 14065 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh r9 stealth? GunBroker
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 07:37:21 AM »
The two sets of grips is the tip-off for me.  Better pics would help too.  The GB pics seem to show some black left on the middle of the sides of the slides, as if the person doing the sanding gave up before going too far.  It could be shadows or bad lighting.

Hi Phil,

See post 3 above. I spoke with Eric on the phone yesterday, he was kind enough offering advice to a young friend of mine who wants to get into competitive shooting. I asked him about this Elite and the few differences it has with mine and and a few others. He laughed and said he DID make it that way just for the heck of it. He said he did a few just for the heck of it. Since there were only 50-70 Elite's made and this is a one of a VERY VERY few he experimented with.

If you are looking for one THIS is the one to get. It has to be what one of 5 or one of 10? No more than that. 

If anyone knows, it's the man who built it. Bid with faith it's the real deal.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 08:15:35 AM »
The first Elite models produced did come with the standard grips and the hogue extreme were added to the later elites. What isn't adding up is the old grips plus the newest version of the slide.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 08:43:40 AM »
The first Elite models produced did come with the standard grips and the hogue extreme were added to the later elites. What isn't adding up is the old grips plus the newest version of the slide.

I agree, I think someone needs to confirm the serial number and have Eric take another look at.

The scammers on the Colts are very adept at taking pictures out of focus and with strange lighting like I am seeing on this gun to hide things.

Offline turkeyhunter

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
Mr Driver sure knows how to drive the price. He bids on everything and is not bashful with his bid amounts

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »
You are free to pay your money and take your chances but I would not buy it. All of my research indicates that they were all done making the elites when they moved to the updated slide. That sanding looks a bit heavy handed for all the Elites I have seen. Good luck.

Each to his own opinion but the guy who BUILT THE GUN went over each picture with me yesterday, on the phone, and EXPLAINED THE DIFFERENCES and why he made them that way. For what it's worth, after speaking to Eric, I am back in the bidding. The way he explained it this is the rare of the rare.   
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »
You are free to pay your money and take your chances but I would not buy it. All of my research indicates that they were all done making the elites when they moved to the updated slide. That sanding looks a bit heavy handed for all the Elites I have seen. Good luck.

Each to his own opinion but the guy who BUILT THE GUN went over each picture with me yesterday, on the phone, and EXPLAINED THE DIFFERENCES and why he made them that way. For what it's worth, after speaking to Eric, I am back in the bidding. The way he explained it this is the rare of the rare.   

It was also the same man who built the gun that at one point told me that the elites were discontinued before the slide was updated and only the one gun that came back for factory work would have the updated slide. It really doesn't matter if someone were to do a very nice job polishing the slide there is really no way to tell the difference. If it comes with the cardboard box it would say Elite but it is rare that people still have those. For your sake I hope it is a factory gun and not a hack job.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »
Well Gl then 👍🏻
well gl then👍🏻

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2017, 07:39:37 PM »

It was also the same man who built the gun that at one point told me that the elites were discontinued before the slide was updated and only the one gun that came back for factory work would have the updated slide. It really doesn't matter if someone were to do a very nice job polishing the slide there is really no way to tell the difference. If it comes with the cardboard box it would say Elite but it is rare that people still have those. For your sake I hope it is a factory gun and not a hack job.

Just to clarify this a bit: Are you saying Eric, THE MAN WHO BUILT THE GUN, doesn't know what he is talking about but a few people on this site know more about what HE DID than HE DOES?  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2017, 07:58:59 PM »
p.s. look at the Classifieds. The Elite Eric built for Duane also does NOT HAVE the Rohrbaugh R9 in black, it's silver.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2017, 10:10:49 PM »
Awhile back, I bought every Wilson Combat Spec-Ops 9 I could find on spec. Then 2 guys with more bucks than brains started fighting it out on one of my guns. It reached stupid levels so I put a 2nd one on to satisfy both of them. Both sold at ridiculous prices. I put another one on, and now everyone thought that those stupid prices were the norm. I sold all of them, all at stupid prices. Then a few more were listed, but they did less. A few more did less again, and again, and again. In a 1 year period, they are now selling for less than I was paying for them. The bubble was artificial & created by 2 guys. Lesson learned. Why am I writing this? Not to compare this scenario to anyone. But to stress the point that one needs to be careful.  We as members of this forum always talk price and we never judge. But we do have our opinions.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »
Awhile back, I bought every Wilson Combat Spec-Ops 9 I could find on spec. Then 2 guys with more bucks than brains started fighting it out on one of my guns. It reached stupid levels so I put a 2nd one on to satisfy both of them. Both sold at ridiculous prices. I put another one on, and now everyone thought that those stupid prices were the norm. I sold all of them, all at stupid prices. Then a few more were listed, but they did less. A few more did less again, and again, and again. In a 1 year period, they are now selling for less than I was paying for them. The bubble was artificial & created by 2 guys. Lesson learned. Why am I writing this? Not to compare this scenario to anyone. But to stress the point that one needs to be careful.  We as members of this forum always talk price and we never judge. But we do have our opinions.

EXCELLENT point. I buy mine to SHOOT not collect. I used to collect S&W pre lock wheel guns. Prices started going through the roof and I started selling. In 2 years I sold almost 90 and did very very well. Prices are now in the tank.

Though not exactly the same, wheel guns are slowly going out of favor, I think the R9 will continue to be popular due to it's size, quality and power.

kevinqqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 05:11:17 PM »
So far I am high bidder on G-broker but I am all in on it. Another opportunity just came up so if I loose this, so be it. No more last minute bidding for me. :-\
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 08:45:12 AM »
So far I am high bidder on G-broker but I am all in on it. Another opportunity just came up so if I loose this, so be it. No more last minute bidding for me. :-\

Looks like you dodged a bullet. With a R5XXX SN there is no way that is a factory production elite.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 08:52:43 AM »

Looks like you dodged a bullet. With a R5XXX SN there is no way that is a factory production elite.

You are right and  the man who BUILT THE GUN AND LOOKED AT EVERY PICTURE CONFIRMING IT'S REAL is wrong?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 08:57:58 AM »

You are right and  the man who BUILT THE GUN AND LOOKED AT EVERY PICTURE CONFIRMING IT'S REAL is wrong?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

The pictures in the listing don't allow you to see the SN. The seller added it to his description b/c I asked him.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.