Author Topic: WTB or WTT: Looking for a Tribute  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
WTB or WTT: Looking for a Tribute
« on: June 14, 2017, 04:56:18 PM »
Hello All,

I'm wondering if someone has a R9 Tribute unfired or low round they are willing to sell or trade.

If interested in working on a trade option, I have a Springfield XDS 9 (4") Stainless Slide to consider.

Thanks,
Dan
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: WTB or WTT: Looking for a Tribute
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »
There's one on Gunbroker.  It's hard to say how many rounds it has through it.  Seller probably wouldn't trade. You'd have to sell the XDS and use the proceeds for the auction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/655104873

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »
I believe there was talk on a different thread about this gun. That being it was suggested that there may be many rounds though it. Having built most of these, I can say that the ad mentions somewhere around 100 rounds or less, and I would agree with that figure looking at the posted photographs of the inside of the frame and the barrel condition. This Tribute have not been shot too much at all if you have interest in it. The parts for the Tributes were hand picked by myself and hand fit. Nice special gun near the end of our run.  ;-)

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »
Thank you guys for the information and the fact that it doesn't look like too many rounds does help.
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)