Author Topic: Selling on Gunbroker - The First Rohrbaugh R9 Sold To The Public! - # 102  (Read 17803 times)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Eric,

Congrats on the sale of a great firearm.

Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline tattoo

• Master
I think it will hit shy of 6

Good guess Tattoo.  Did you have inside info or are you a Rohrbaugh Auction Appraiser?
just a rohrbaugh nut. Been following closely all the auctions and sites for sales on the fantastic little guns. Could of been a wild card bidder with TONS of cash but being such a rare piece was kind of a lucky guess. 😉

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Way to go Eric!!!!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tattoo

• Master
Cgs Eric on such a special piece of rohrbaugh history. Not sure if you are happy with the end result. But it was fun to watch.  Ps I wonder what rare pup will be up next?   Would love to see what a coyote would end up auctioning for.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
Hopefully the buyer pays up and isnt a deadbeat bidder

Offline tattoo

• Master
i got a felling the buyer is "GOLDEN"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
At least Eric will find out who the "Equity Man" is.

Equity Man is on a roll.

13 guns this month, 63 the last 6 months, and 82 guns the last year.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Congratulations to the seller and the buyer.

Hopefully, if he is they are not a member already, the buyer will stop by and say hello.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

My guess was going to be somewhere around $3k to $4k to the right buyer.  However, this is an item that is really priceless for a collection.

Awesome!
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tattoo

• Master

My guess was going to be somewhere around $3k to $4k to the right buyer.  However, this is an item that is really priceless for a collection.

Awesome!
i can see some other guns like elites and rarer guns selling in that price range. But this gun and very special  guns gaining steam. First and last production guns shall be on the move. Would love to see the last off production line go on the block. 👍🏻

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master

Awesome!
i can see some other guns like elites and rarer guns selling in that price range. But this gun and very special  guns gaining steam. First and last production guns shall be on the move. Would love to see the last off production line go on the block. 👍🏻

Eric, did you note the serial on the last gun built?  What model was it?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
I think it will hit shy of 6

Good guess Tattoo.  Did you have inside info or are you a Rohrbaugh Auction Appraiser?

Lol...... Good one Phil
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master

Ha haa.....  well, he's not a deadbeat and the funds are being overnighted. This special R9 will be leaving tomorrow afternoon. By the way, this fellow has 20 R9's in his safe. He just loves them.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master

Awesome!

Eric, did you note the serial on the last gun built?  What model was it?

Hey Phil,

I guess you guys forgot about "The Last Rohrbaugh".  The last gun that I assembled at the shop..... I own it. It is like a jewel with some very special parts on it that were prototypes to us for different finishes. I don't think I'm going to let that one go, not right now anyway. It is a gorgeous looking R9. Look back in the stories of the R9 for this gun listed above. I believe I have some photographs there of it. Serial number: R6336

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Congratulations to the seller and the buyer.

Hopefully, if he is they are not a member already, the buyer will stop by and say hello.

I forgot to ask him if he was on the forum. Next time I speak with him, I'll ask.