Author Topic: Insomnia isn't always bad.  (Read 9119 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Insomnia isn't always bad.
« on: August 26, 2017, 07:24:34 AM »
After  tossing and turning most of the night I got up and looked at my computer. There on e-bay was a guy selling THREE BRAND NEW Rohrbaugh boxes. Yes. I bought all 3. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: Insomnia isn't always bad.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »
Thanks for the heads up about Ebay.  I usually search Rohr and Rorh, but today I found a "Rourhbaugh" box for $18.  He had to relist it a second time because he had no takers. 

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads up about Ebay.  I usually search Rohr and Rorh, but today I found a "Rourhbaugh" box for $18.  He had to relist it a second time because he had no takers.

You found a Rohrbaugh box on E-bay, the same e-bay I check 2-3 times a day, that had to be resisted? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 12:18:43 PM »

You found a Rohrbaugh box on E-bay, the same e-bay I check 2-3 times a day, that had to be resisted? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

$18

http://m.ebay.com/itm/122639230694

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 02:37:07 PM »

Nice find. He obviously didn't know what he had.

$18

USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 02:43:56 PM »

$18

Nice find. He obviously didn't know what he had. Those are good to find ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I see what happened. You bought at 9:40. At 9:40 I was in line at Post Office getting a M.O.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:11:16 PM »
The one I bought was for sale since July 27.  I shared an auction search tip up above, but I'll spell it out more clearly at my expense for the good of the forum.  Rohrbaugh seems tough to spell for some, so I search for Rohrbaugh, Rorhbaugh, Robar, Rohbraugh, etc.  Currently there is a "Rohrorhbaugh" on Gunbroker.  A few years ago, I was the high bidder at $0.26 on a no reserve R9 for a "Rorbough" that somehow ended before I could complete the deal. My point is that when searching auctions, mix up the spelling to try to find a great deal.  Being the only bidder on a low starting price auction is really the way to go.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 03:42:39 AM »
There are three more on E-bay and 3 more on G-broker. Its3:45 :-\
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 09:24:31 AM »
I was told by the guy selling the Rohrbaugh boxes that he bought them ( about 10 ) from a friend in the Army who was cleaning out an old supply closet on base. I guess the Army bought some Rohrbaughs too! Eric? Do you remember?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 12:28:41 PM »
I was told by the guy selling the Rohrbaugh boxes that he bought them ( about 10 ) from a friend in the Army who was cleaning out an old supply closet on base. I guess the Army bought some Rohrbaughs too! Eric? Do you remember?

So I just bought stolen federal property?

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
They were going to be thrown out.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 02:20:10 PM »
They were going to be thrown out.

Thanks.  My conscious is clear now. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 02:27:02 PM »

There were some "dealings" both here and "abroad", but with whom ~ I can say nothing more.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

There were some "dealings" both here and "abroad", but with whom ~ I can say nothing more.
now this just got real INTERESTING. 🍿 🍿🍿🍿

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »
Maybe covert wet work?