Author Topic: Modified Slide?  (Read 6669 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Re: Modified Slide?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »
Wow! Here in Indiana you can get a LIFETIME CCW permit for $115. There are NO handguns that are associated with it. You can buy, sell or carry as many as you like. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 10:22:05 AM »
I wish Texas had a lifetime permit.

You can carry whatever you want.

We have no approved list of weapons from the state, no magazine restrictions.

Not as much freedom as some, but more than most.

Offline FALLEN77

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »
I didn't know California was so restrictive. It's more restrictive than NY in that regard.

In NY you can only carry what's on your permit too. However we don't have to qualify with each firearm.

One question, if you sell one and later purchase the same model firearm later (different serial number) will you have to requalify?

Just curious

each new S/N will need to be re qualified even if its the exact same model as another gun on your permit. Our permits are only good for 2 years then you need to renew.

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 01:00:10 PM »
Wow, that is insane!

California is definitely worse than NY.  Now I understand more why so many people complain about CA requirements.

Thanks for the information
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 06:57:25 PM »
 Wow,I guess I'm confused here.I didn't know the average Joe could even get conceal carry permit.

Offline FALLEN77

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »
Wow,I guess I'm confused here.I didn't know the average Joe could even get conceal carry permit.

It depends on the County. If you live in Los Angeles County I think you're out of luck but most other counties have been issuing permits. Myself and several friends of mine had no problems, I don't know anyone yet that was denied. If you're in California check with your county sheriffs office or ask around at the local shooting range to see how difficult it will be in your county.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 06:15:36 AM »
   I live in Wisconsin.If it's kind of a county thing are you limited to certain counties?

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 08:42:52 AM »

It depends on the County. If you live in Los Angeles County I think you're out of luck but most other counties have been issuing permits. Myself and several friends of mine had no problems, I don't know anyone yet that was denied. If you're in California check with your county sheriffs office or ask around at the local shooting range to see how difficult it will be in your county.

I live in San luis Obispo County and its one of the harder counties to be approved in. I was only approved because I needed it for work. There are many other counties in California that are shall issue and will issue to anyone who lists self defense on the application. The problem in those counties is that the system is so backed up and there just arent enough office personnel to process the applications fast enough that it takes close to 2 years to receive a permit. I received mine in less than 30 days. Most of that time was waiting for the Live Scan approval to come back.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 10:39:08 AM »
  You learn something every day.Thank you.

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »
I agree.  One of the many things I like about this website is that you learn something new all the time.
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 08:06:04 PM »
In Louisiana, CCW after 2015, waiting period is waived for federal 4473. We have 5 yr and lifetime. 65 and older 1/2 price for all permits. Military, active or retired, fee is waived for all permits. Still have to pay for fingerprinting. 36 or more states reciprocal.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »
In Louisiana, CCW after 2015, waiting period is waived for federal 4473. We have 5 yr and lifetime. 65 and older 1/2 price for all permits. Military, active or retired, fee is waived for all permits. Still have to pay for fingerprinting. 36 or more states reciprocal.

Get arrested in Indiana and you get a EXTRA set free. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one