Author Topic: More on Sig P365  (Read 6892 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
More on Sig P365
« on: December 19, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »
Previous input on this topic ended in May this year.  I’ve been interested in buying one, but apparently many had issues with extraction due to gauling on the case.  The Sig forum suggested that Sig has fixed this and pistols made after September would be OK.  My LGS/indoor range guys say they are still seeing problems with October 2018 production guns among their shooters at the range.  Any comments from owners?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline markd

Re: More on Sig P365
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
I just got a Sept production P365. I have only put 100 rounds through it so far, both 115 and 124 grain ammo. It has been flawless so far. There is some "primer swipe". Much more comfortable and controllable then my Rohrbaugh, which I have carried for many years. Of course the P365 is larger. I have been spoiled by the size and quality of the Rohrbaugh.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
Thanks Mark.  As best I can tell, a new Sig P365 is still a bit of a gamble.  I’ll wait a while.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 12:56:57 PM »
I just bought a 365 and have not shot it.

Here is a post from over at Colt that started me wondering again.

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/lounge/349865-sig-365-gen-2-striker.html

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »
I bought a Sig P365 and honestly have not shot enough out of it to comment. You guys talked me into a Glock 43...and I love it
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 03:40:15 PM »
I love mine. It has been flawless with every type of ammo and shoots way better than it should for its size and price.
Mine was made right after they switched to the improved night sights.
Although I haven't kept up with the round count, estimate it at close to the thousand mark.
I front-pocket carry it, usually with the 12 round magazine in a Recluse holster.

‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline markd

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 08:11:33 AM »
Thanks Mark.  As best I can tell, a new Sig P365 is still a bit of a gamble.  I’ll wait a while.
John

When Sig came out with the P365 last January, I knew I wanted one, but thought I would wait a year before "pulling the trigger" and getting one, to let them get the bugs out. I have been watching closely over on the Sig forum since then, and the complaints started to go away in the late spring time frame after Sig made some revisions. So I moved up my schedule and in Sept I decided to order one, which came in late Oct. Turned out to be a Sep build. As I said above, it is a really nice shooting pistol. I'll report back when I get a few more rounds through it. I probably won't carry it until I have at least 500 shots down range with out issue. I'm currently starting the search for the illusive perfect holster for it.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 03:07:23 PM »
Thanks to all respondents.  The steel striker from Brownells may be the best answer for a carry piece, but $95 ain’t cheap!  I think I’ll wait a month or two longer.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »
I shot the P365 yesterday & noticed something...does anyone else have a problem ejecting the mag using the same hand you're holding the gun with? It is extremely awkward for me. Needing my other hand to eject is unacceptable.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline markd

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »
I agree the mag release is not as easy to use as I would like. Mine has to be pushed in almost flush with the pistol to release the mag. I guess an extended release would cause issues with concealed carry. Luckily you can have 12 rounds available without having to worry about another mag. 

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 01:19:38 PM »
I went to the gunshow in JAX this morning to move a few pistols and was lucky to sell at decent prices...Beretta Bobcat, Kimber Solo that I took in trade missing a grip screw that I never replaced, and a Smith 642CT .38.  There was only a moderate crowd and most of the firearms were used, some antique but ratty.  The last table I looked at had one SigP365 hidden among a bunch of other Sigs.  It was brand new, Dec. 1, 2018 production date, so I bought it for $575 out the door from a dealer.  Will disassemble and clean it and shoot it ASAP.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »
Got to the range, fired about 100 rounds of Lawman 115 and 124,  of Corbon115 JHP 115, Black Hills 147 subsonic.  Flawless function, accurate, great grip area although anough different from the R9 that I had to adjust my hold and grip.  Very little recoil although some muzzle jump noted...easy to control once acclimated.  Great sights.   10 round mags VERY hard to load without a Lula loader...not sure what that is all about!  Will buy two 12 round mags.  After another 100 flawless rounds it goes in the carry rotation which depends on weather, clothing and perceived level of threat.  I am impressed, but it doesn’t carry like an R9!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 02:18:23 PM »
Got to the range, fired about 100 rounds of Lawman 115 and 124,  of Corbon115 JHP 115, Black Hills 147 subsonic.  Flawless function, accurate, great grip area although anough different from the R9 that I had to adjust my hold and grip.  Very little recoil although some muzzle jump noted...easy to control once acclimated.  Great sights.   10 round mags VERY hard to load without a Lula loader...not sure what that is all about!  Will buy two 12 round mags.  After another 100 flawless rounds it goes in the carry rotation which depends on weather, clothing and perceived level of threat.  I am impressed, but it doesn’t carry like an R9!

Did you get a holster yet?  I got the Sig appendix carry holster, but I haven't used it yet. 

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »
I just bought a Winthrop Holsters P365 owb black leather holster that is so perfectly molded that I forget that I have it on & shows no printing whatsoever.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 10:20:59 AM »
I have not bought a holster yet, but a Galco OWB that is made for my Kimber Ultra CDP fits it like a glove!  I like front pocket carry and am trying to figure out which Nemesis/DeSantis Superfly would fit it.  I’ll check out the Winthrop for sure, sounds nice, thanks!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis